Hello everyone! Not new to chickens, but new to doing it on my own. Grew up with chickens, but grandparents did all the hard work. Now, on my own

Joyful chicken mama

In the Brooder
May 19, 2024
I loved helping with the chickens as a kid and have now decided to let my son experience the same ( though my experience was on a farm and his will be in town) Without my grandparents to help me with this adventure I have found a lot of unanswered questions ☺️ I have loved all the help I have found within this group.

I grew up on a cattle ranch. Had horses. I had lot of sheep and am knowledgeable about that. Though grampa was my go to. The chickens were there for food, mostly. At the moment I have 4 hens and 5 ducks
( always wanted ducks😁) no big ranch and no free range now. The problem I face tonight is my dog, that didn't give a hoot about all my birds suddenly killed two of them. Working on my mistakes with that.
1000010315.jpg

Attachments

• 1000010437.jpg
    1000010437.jpg
    914.8 KB · Views: 3
I grew up on a cattle ranch. Had horses. I had lot of sheep and am knowledgeable about that. Though grampa was my go to. The chickens were there for food, mostly. At the moment I have 4 hens and 5 ducks
( always wanted ducks😁) no big ranch and no free range now. The problem I face tonight is my dog, that didn't give a hoot about all my birds suddenly killed two of them. Working on my mistakes with that. View attachment 3837597
So beautiful. :love

Your greens look like my wheat I grow for the penned up ones.

Back
Top Bottom