Hello! Fellow duck mom!

About 3 years so I moved to a farm. I loved it for the space for my dogs and the open air but I have always wanted ducks. One day while shopping for dog food I saw two (what I didn’t know at the time) Pekins ducklings. They were about a week old so they actually 50% off and completely impulsively I bought them and everything they needed and brought them home. That was 2 years and 1 month go and now I have 20 ducks of different breeds that I love so much. Pekins, Fawn Indian Runners, Kahki Cambells, Rowens, Swedish Blues and what I believe is an Appleyard, still too young to tell 100%. I know they’re messy but honestly they’re so smart and cute. They get excited when I bring them treats and let me know if I did something wrong (“something wrong” simply being not filling their pool or opening their coop fast enough). They’re like little feathered dogs and it’s great. Having cats and dogs as well I was worried about how they would acclimate but honestly they did great. The only one that was a bit jealous was Pollo, my love bird. For anyone that doesn’t know a what a love bird looks like, he’s about 4 inches tall with an attitude the size of a skyscraper. As a first time duck mom (sort of) I love looking up advice or ideas and I often times found myself on this page. Thought it was just time to join.
Welcome. Thank you for the great introduction. You got duck math pretty hard. :D

Back
Top Bottom