Hen attacks my puppies

chemorga

In the Brooder
Jul 3, 2018
Atlanta
Has anyone ever had any experience with a hen going after puppies? I have a puppy pen that the puppies can't get out of, but the chickens are able to get in and out of. One of my hens just started getting on top of one of the puppies, flapping it's wings and making the puppy cry. I can't tell if she's just scaring him or actually attacking him - luckily I haven't found an actual injury on the pup. What might have prompted this behavior and how can I get her to stop??

She could think he is another chicken and is trying to establish dominance. I would suggest a pen that the puppies can be totally separate but can still see each other so the dog won’t attack the chickens when they grow up.

The puppies are for sale, so they won't be here when they grow up. I just need her to not attack or scare them.

What was said about chicken wire is true , attach it around the perimeter then scrunch it up , chickens should be scared of it and won’t be able to land on it , good luck ! What kind of puppies? Can we see a picture?

Back
Top Bottom