Hen or Rooster?

craftyridge

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 27, 2013
Central Indiana
According to this picture the top is a hen and the bottom is a rooster correct? Its our 1st year with chickens and I am starting to think we have 3 roosters and only 1 hen. 3 of them have a very large comb thats dark red and one is much smaller and a lighter color

How old are they? What breeds are they? Some breeds look very different to others and even some hens have got larger combs and wattles than others. It might be better to post some pictures of your birds.

How old are they? What breeds are they? Some breeds look very different to others and even some hens have got larger combs and wattles than others. It might be better to post some pictures of your birds.
when we bought them we were told they are white pullets. Ill post some pictures tomorrow. They should be around 4 months old and atleast one is a hen because she has started laying

This is a picture of 2 of our chickens I think the one on the left is a hen and the one on the right is a rooster....however if I am right that means that we have 3 roosters and one hen :(

That is a girl. :) Leghorns are wonderful layers, good luck with them! And remember that Leghorn hens have pretty large combs, so you'll have tog o by other things when sexing them. Like feather or body type.

Back
Top Bottom