I stopped turning my eggs on the 15th day!

azer

Songster
6 Years
Mar 17, 2013
Moreno Valley , CA
I received my eggs on March 21 by mail they were layed on march 19th according to the person I bought them from. I incubated the same day I received them. I was under the impression that I had to count from the day the egg was layed to start counting the days the eggs needed to be turned and put on lockdown... So technically I stop turning my eggs on the 15 th day not the 18 th day..I had the humidity at 75 temp at 100. I candled my eggs today being the 19th day of incubation and there is life I see the chicks moving... Should I turn turn them or let them be???? My eggs are Jersey Giants 10 fertile eggs. Now the correct day they should hatch is April 11 th! Can somebody give me some advice its my first time ever incubating eggs.

Don't worry about turning them anymore. Keep the incubator shut and let them do their thing. Opening up the bator and moving them will do a couple of things at this point. First, it will let valuable humidity escape and secondly, turning the eggs at this point can confuse the chick. Both of these are bad.

Also, don't beat yourself up over the turning thing. My only worry is the opening of the bator on day 19.and the previously mentioned factors. Keep your ears open and listen for peeps on day 20-21 and look for corresponding "pips" in the eggs. These will let you know the chicks are on track.

Good Luck and I hope I helped

I received my eggs on March 21 by mail they were layed on march 19th according to the person I bought them from. I incubated the same day I received them. I was under the impression that I had to count from the day the egg was layed to start counting the days the eggs needed to be turned and put on lockdown... So technically I stop turning my eggs on the 15 th day not the 18 th day..I had the humidity at 75 temp at 100. I candled my eggs today being the 19th day of incubation and there is life I see the chicks moving... Should I turn turn them or let them be???? My eggs are Jersey Giants 10 fertile eggs. Now the correct day they should hatch is April 11 th! Can somebody give me some advice its my first time ever incubating eggs.

I would think that since it is now so close to hatch I would just leave them. Hopefully the humidity being so high for that long won't drown them when they pip in the air cell. Always remember that day one doesn't start till you put them in the bator. Not when they are layed.

I dont hear peeps but I did notice a crack on one of the eggs..:eek:

My first baby is born after 21 days.. I can't believe thatt home made incubator worked! How long does it take for the little one take to fluff up?

Back
Top Bottom