Is this a pure CCL roo?

SuperMurshy

Songster
May 13, 2022
He's almost 10 weeks old, came from a Crested Cream Legbar rooster and possibility of a Legbar hen. Think he is purebred?

Attachments

• 20230611_185939.jpg
    20230611_185939.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 59
  • 20230611_185928.jpg
    20230611_185928.jpg
    689.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230611_185926.jpg
    20230611_185926.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • 20230611_185935.jpg
    20230611_185935.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
He's almost 10 weeks old, came from a Crested Cream Legbar rooster and possibility of a Legbar hen. Think he is purebred?
Do you know what color egg he hatched from?
Or what other breeds of hens were possible?

It might be possible to rule out some of them (for example, he does not have feathered feet, so he most likely does not have a mother with feathered feet.)

Do you know what color egg he hatched from?
Or what other breeds of hens were possible?

It might be possible to rule out some of them (for example, he does not have feathered feet, so he most likely does not have a mother with feathered feet.)
The hens were Cream Legbars, Easter eggers, Copper Marans. There were some blue, green, and brown eggs all in the incubator at once so couldve been any! I know he's not Maran crossed at least

The hens were Cream Legbars, Easter eggers, Copper Marans. There were some blue, green, and brown eggs all in the incubator at once so couldve been any! I know he's not Maran crossed at least
That is a bit of a hard one to sort out :)

If he did have a pea comb or a muff & beard, that would prove that his mother was an Easter Egger. He does not have those, which unfortunately doesn't prove anything either way.

How are you sure he is not a Maran cross? A Black Copper Marans hen with a Cream Legbar rooster could produce sons that look much like he does.

Do you remember what color he was when he hatched?

That is a bit of a hard one to sort out :)

If he did have a pea comb or a muff & beard, that would prove that his mother was an Easter Egger. He does not have those, which unfortunately doesn't prove anything either way.

How are you sure he is not a Maran cross? A Black Copper Marans hen with a Cream Legbar rooster could produce sons that look much like he does.

Do you remember what color he was when he hatched?
I guess the reason I figured he wasn't a Maran cross is because the others that hatched I can definitely tell they came from a Maran. But totally could be! The black roo has feathered feet.

The roo in question guy was a brownish golden chick. He's starting to get some colour on his mid back

Attachments

• 20230607_164345.jpg
    20230607_164345.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
I guess the reason I figured he wasn't a Maran cross is because the others that hatched I can definitely tell they came from a Maran. But totally could be! The black roo has feathered feet.

The roo in question guy was a brownish golden chick. He's starting to get some colour on his mid back
I feel that he just doesn't look quite "right" for a pure Legbar cockerel, but I can't put my finger on any specific detail, and I don't know the breed well enough to trust my sense of "not quite right." (The problem might be with me rather than with the cockerel!)

If the chick color was right, and if the adult color looks right, then it is quite possible that he is.

From what you say of the chick color, and the other chicks, I agree that he probably does not have a Marans mother.

Back
Top Bottom