Laced Wyandottes Sex???

The Five O

Songster
Apr 1, 2024
Here are a couple Wyandotte’s gold laced and silver laced . Right around 3 weeks old. The gold laced to me is looking like a male bc the comb is very red and the waddles coming in . But could be wrong .

Attachments

• IMG_8374.jpeg
    IMG_8374.jpeg
    655.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8375.jpeg
    IMG_8375.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8378.png
    IMG_8378.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
Laced Wyandottes often get large, colorful combs early, even in the females. So in the case of this breed I wouldn't go by that alone. I would wait another few weeks before deciding. The thing to watch is the evenness of the lacing on the back and shoulders. Females will be more even in that way than males. No joke, I think there's a strong chance it is a pullet, but time will tell.

Laced Wyandottes often get large, colorful combs early, even in the females. So in the case of this breed I wouldn't go by that alone. I would wait another few weeks before deciding. The thing to watch is the evenness of the lacing on the back and shoulders. Females will be more even in that way than males. No joke, I think there's a strong chance it is a pullet, but time will tell.
Awesome thank you so much !! We will def keep you updated on these . I have a lavender Wyandotte and a blue laced red Wyandotte so the lavender will be harder to tell I assume .

Back
Top Bottom