Medical Treatments Recommended by BYCers

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a sick chicken (respiratory) and the remedy i used before was tylan, which worked wonderfully! i can't take 60 chickens to the vet!!!!! (last time the respiratory sickness was very contagious and most of my flock caught it within 2 days.)

what are our options without going to the vet??!!!!?

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a sick chicken (respiratory) and the remedy i used before was tylan, which worked wonderfully! i can't take 60 chickens to the vet!!!!! (last time the respiratory sickness was very contagious and most of my flock caught it within 2 days.)

what are our options without going to the vet??!!!!?
If you have just one sick chicken, treat it. Can you take the one sick chicken to the vet?

If you have just one sick chicken, treat it.

That is what I was getting ready to do. I came here to refresh my memory on the Tylan dosage. But if I can't buy Tylan and other medications now, which I KNOW Tylan works, then I am so worried about what we will be able to do....... which is where my question originated......

Can you take the one sick chicken to the vet?

I can. However, with 60 chickens and 30 goats - it isn't going to be just one chicken or goat, just this once. My budget isn't going to be able to afford regular sick visits for all of them. And I haven't needed the vet except in extreme emergencies - and thankfully, due to the help here, I haven't lost any animals since my first couple of months of having chickens and goats. My first few months, before finding this site, I lost 3 chickens due to cordozya. After finding this site, I treated the others with Tylan and all of the others that had been showing symptoms, recovered withing 3 days.

I have only needed the vet when something on this site didn't work. And that was not very often (like twice in 7 years). And in both cases, I spent money for the vet to say, "I don't know anything more to do than what you already have."

They help here is beyond amazing. But if we can't get the medications that are suggested here.......that is a HUGE concern to me. :/

So I was asking if anyone here knows of alternativies.

If I find some, I will be sure to post them.

Can anyone recommend an aspirin dosage for a 10 day old chick? Everything I look at is for adults. I think she got stepped on by the others since she was ok a week ago.

Back
Top Bottom