Mink release in Ohio

These mink have been cage raised for generations, and won't know how to act outside. However, they are serious predators, and there are so many of them, some will likely figure it out and be lucky enough to survive. How far they will travel? Who knows, this is not a normal group of mink, or a normal situation in any way.
People who do this are nuts, and not doing these critters any favors.
Mary

So stupid.:he
These mink have been cage raised for generations, and won't know how to act outside.
My uncle farmed Mink. I never saw any sign that they had lost their instinct to hunt. They would chew through the wire of their cages to get at the mink next to them.
If there is running water in particular on or near the property this is where mink prefer to take up residence. Yes lots will die but just one mink getting into a chicken run or coop is a total disaster.

I am sure that these animal activists think they are acting with good intentions but "animal rights" aren't reality; they are wishes. These folks think they are doing a good thing but nature culls the vast majority of baby critters, young adults, with few living long enough to breed and raise offspring. Dumping a massive number of predators into an area just means the local wildlife gets devastated if the mink survive through the winter (unlikely) and the eggs and baby critters of all sorts face a massive increase in the number of predators. Including the local fish.

Back
Top Bottom