Mixing TiaGard?

AdditveChick

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2023
I’m about to treat my chickens with TiaGard, but the antibiotic won’t come in for a few days. To to ease their symptoms, I would like to pretreat with VetRx (a supplement). Is there any reactions between these drugs?

I’m about to treat my chickens with TiaGard, but the antibiotic won’t come in for a few days. To to ease their symptoms, I would like to pretreat with VetRx (a supplement). Is there any reactions between these drugs?
No problem.

VetRX is like Vicks for chickens. It doesn't cure anything but can help them with their symptoms.

If you read the label, Vet Rx contains some herbal oils and camphor. Those probably won’t do a whole lot, but won’t do any harm. Can you tell us what symptoms you have seen? Chickens can get a couple of viruses that may only cause sneezing and mild congestion. They usually get over those in a few weeks. They also can get ILT, a more serious virus causing gaping, gasping, and blood tinged mucus from the beak. Other diseases, such as MG or coryza, causing swollen eyelids and sinuses, coughing, wheezing, may respond to antibiotics such as Denagard/Tiamulin, Tylosin, and a few others. Coryza usually requires sulfa antibiotics.

Back
Top Bottom