My coops

Hannahsmommy201

Chirping
Apr 27, 2024
My babies are almost ready to move into the coops! I realized I had 3 roos and set up a bachelor pad and small run for them. I have the big coop and enclosed run for the girls. I will be adding sand later his week when east Texas dries out.
Please let me know if I should change/add anything before moving them out.

Also it’s 80• here and the babies are 4 and 5weeks. Can I move them to the coops now or should I wait? They are so ready to be out of the brooder.

Attachments

• IMG_2324.jpeg
    IMG_2324.jpeg
    916.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2320.jpeg
    IMG_2320.jpeg
    966.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2109.jpeg
    IMG_2109.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2483.jpeg
    IMG_2483.jpeg
    713.2 KB · Views: 17
Not sure which set up is which but are you planning to predator proof the runs? Depending on predator load you might want to do that before moving them out.

Otherwise these guys could've been out a couple weeks ago with your current temperatures.

i see nothing but problems, looks great most pre fabs do, but i dont see them holding up more than 2-3 years and predator proofing one will be challenging. good luck not trying to b the bear of bad news but we started out with one and ended up in the dumpster in a year

We bought a prefab also. The first thing I did before we got our chickens was thompson water seal all the wood inside and out. I then sprayed the roof with a composite roof sealer. The last thing was siliconed all gaps in wood and around the roof. Hopefully will extend it's life until lumber gets back to normal prices and can build a better one. Lol

Back
Top Bottom