My Deathlayer Roo

friednotscrambled

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Jun 25, 2019
cassidy.JPG

Cassidy, my Deathlayer Roo. He's a big weenie. LOL

Whereabouts are you? There are a few Silver Todtlegers in the UK. They are very closely related to Silver Campines and I know of people who have used these when they've been unable to find the real thing.
The name comes, or so I've been informed, from them laying every day of their lives, even their last. Having said that, from what I've seen, they don't lay all that well - Australorps are better, but of course the name isn't anywhere near as cool!🙂

Whereabouts are you? There are a few Silver Todtlegers in the UK. They are very closely related to Silver Campines and I know of people who have used these when they've been unable to find the real thing.
The name comes, or so I've been informed, from them laying every day of their lives, even their last. Having said that, from what I've seen, they don't lay all that well - Australorps are better, but of course the name isn't anywhere near as cool!🙂
In the US. :)

No, they do not lay that well. I have never had a hen lay more than about 100 to maybe 125 eggs a year. (rough estimate). They seem to increase production in the spring as you'd expect, but winter is a no go and their flighty nature also I think can stress them and stop egg laying as well. They are a difficult breed to 'propogate' LOL.

Back
Top Bottom