My new chicks and Turkeys!!

Doddeldoo

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 12, 2007
Oak View Ca.
WOWIE!!!!
Got my chicks yesterday! 34 gals of different variety two roos and four Turkeys.
I could barely tear myself away from them, watching them for hours.

Im concered about the turkeys. The chicks are all doing well, eating drinking and running around, but the Turkeys are not eating.
I tried several types of food, but no interest.
Whats up with these Turkeys?

turkeys are a little slow to get started.the only thing i know you can do for them is dipp their beaks in the water an feed.an see if that gets them going.put some feed on a paper towel an tapp your finger.

Turkeys are not as 'smart' as chicks in the beginning. They have to be reminded over and over where the food is. If you raise them in the brooder with the chicks for now, chances are the chicks will show them where the food is and they'll get the idea, but you may need to keep showing them. Do not keep changing their food! This will confuse them even more. You may need to take each one put them by the food and peck at it with your finger or tap on the feeder to get their interest. Also, shiney things attact them, so you could try putting something shiney thats too big for them to eat in with the food until they get the idea. I've heard of people using coins. Dont use coins in the water though because they can leach poisons into the water over time.

Back
Top Bottom