ok for horses to eat producer's pride 37% range block for beef cows

cat1994

Songster
9 Years
Sep 12, 2010
Southeast MO
Hi
frow.gif
I got a Producer's Pride 37% range block for beef cattle on pasture. I want to know if it is ok for horses to eat it. My cows and horses are all ran together, so the horses have free choice to it just like the cows. The info on the package only said not to feed it to sheep. It didn't say anything about it hruting horses. anyways I was just wondering if anyone else has let horses eat some to, and if so was it ok or not? I'm not feeding it untial I get more info on it, maybe I can call them or something? thanks
thumbsup.gif

Cattle blocks are not safe for horses. Granted, someone is going to come in here and say they've run their horses with their cattle and given them cattle blocks for years with no problems, but that's going to be the exception and not the rule. If you care about your horses, then don't risk it.
wink.png

Ive had horses all my life , not cattle but I have always been in the understanding that they CAN NOT eat the same block as cattle. cattle can have the mineral block or the streight salt licks horses have but horses cant have theirs.
good luck
)O(
Pink

Ditto here. The cattle blocks have a mineral balance that would poison a horse.

Most people who run cattle and horses together in the same fields build a feeder that a horse can't reach into, to hold the cattle blocks.

Back
Top Bottom