Paired gamefowl feeding

Dregamebirds

Hatching
Apr 30, 2024
How can I feed my rooster conditioner feed and my hen laying feed when they stay in the same pen together? Without them eating each other's food? Thank you!

Hello, that will be tough to do. Q: are you breeding with the male? I usually keep my boys segregated from the ladies with a partition. He can still chill with his brides but unable to get physical if you know what I mean. Then when I'm ready for hatching new additions, I let him on the same side of his mates.
I'm not saying this is a perfect solution, but it works for me. I can't see them sticking to their designated feed type any other way.
I'm bookmarking this thread and I'll try to learn with you as soon as more members come into the Convo. Thanks for posting.

How can I feed my rooster conditioner feed and my hen laying feed when they stay in the same pen together? Without them eating each other's food? Thank you!
One really needs to know the feed profiles of both the layers feed and the conditioner.
Is there a reason why you can't feed both the conditioning feed, or similar and provide a dish of oyster shell or calcium carbonate in some form seperately. Most hens will eat the calcium and most roosters wont.
Do you know how much calcium your hen needs? You can make a rough guess from the quantity of eggs she lays.

Back
Top Bottom