Please help!! Chicken doing the splits

camie12345

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 14, 2014
Hi,

Today I noticed one of my 2 year old bantam chickens was limping. I originally thought her leg was broken or something like that, but when i looked at her leg it seemed to not be hurting at all. She is a little bit lethargic, and still has an appetite and drinks water. Her poop is a little runny, but it seems normal. I haven't spotted any flees, mites, or ticks, so that doesn't seem to be the problem. She can't move the leg at all, there are no open wounds, and it kind of just flops behind her when she tries to walk. I am fairly new with chickens (I started having them out half a year ago) and have no idea what to do. I've already isolated in a separate box but now i have no idea what to do!!! When she sits it kind of looks like she is doing the splits. Other than her leg, I've spotted nothing else wrong with her. Please help!!!!!!!

See if you can expand the leg out and if the toes can be opened and closed. This allows you to see if it is movable. From the sounds of it I would call he vet immediately!

Back
Top Bottom