Poultry pasture seed

It looks like a nice mix.
smile.png

I've never used it, but I would of course recommend anything like that. I myself got quite a few mixes to seed my pastures with, then threw out extras like Oats, Flax, and the sort. Hopefully I'll be successful with Amaranth and Quinoa, but I think our excessive rains will beat it every time unless we miraculously get another drought.

I use it. It's good. The chickens seem to love it, but then again, what don't they? LOL I got it too late to really get a good start on the pasture last year, but I've been using some to make sprouts this winter. It's working well.

How long do you let it grow after sprouting before letting the chickens have at it? I'm getting ready to order some to seed our side yard.

This is a great blend! Roots are deep -so chickens can't dig up 'completely'.I've used this for about 3years.The trick is to sow and cover with shade cloth until it starts,then maybe use chicken wire on a frame to keep the chickens from making holes and swales.I think my eggs have more omega 3 because of this seed sowing.Looks like an herbal meadow!
big_smile.png

Awesome! We had been letting this area go to meadow bit by bit over the past 5 years, but now that we have the girls we really need to re-seed so it may as well be the stuff that is good for them. Maybe this will keep them happy enough that they don't spend too much time in the parts of the garden that are less "chicken friendly".

I plan on seeding half the area in the spring and keeping the chickens on the other half long enough for it to grow out nice and long. Then move them over and seed the other part. With days out of the pasture area completely and in the rest of the yard. I hope...

I tried to order some of this last night, but I couldn't get checked out. Part way through the process, it just stopped loading. Today I can't even get into the shopping cart. I e-mailed them this morning, to try to find out what the problem is. I ordered a bunch of other stuff, or at least I tried to, so I hope it's just a temporary problem.

I placed an order last week after seeing this thread ... or thought I did ... then I couldn't find any confirmation emails. I called and left a message yesterday and they rang back first thing this morning to say yes, they did get the order (good job I didn't put it in again!) but they have been busy and also last week their email confirmation system wasn't working
he.gif
so if you are having problems, that could be why.

Back
Top Bottom