Rabbit drama, need advice

whistlin dixie

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 6, 2007
Ok here is the situation:
I have 5 hens and one rabbit (female-I think mini lop) they all live in the coop and have a little fenced in yard. I just caught my do with a tiny little baby bunny (a wild one) I cant put it back in the yard because of the dogs, so i put it in the coop under the little rabbit house I have in there and put extra pine shavings. What else can I do besides this? and Is it possible that my mini lop might take care of it, or will she kill or hurt it? What does a newborn bunny eat? do they need there mothers milk? By the way my mini lop has never has bunnys of her own and she might be a he anyway (because of the way she trys to breed with my chickens
hmm.png

Help me Help me Help me! I want this little bunny to make it!

baby bunnies are almost impossible to raise without their mothers. The best thing you can do is put it back in it's nest for it's mom to find, and keep your dogs away.

I found one last year and I kept it in a large tote with rabbit pellets and a water bottle. until it was 2 months old I didn't handle it much just to change out litter & take a few pictures. I then took it to hiking trail and let it go. Didn't want to keep it longer then I had to. Did find a baby squirrel and took it to the vet they take in babies to raise or will find someone who takes care of wildlife for release again.

101_0185.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom