Scaly Leg mites? Plus green poop!

Honestly, I wonder if all of this is because his feet hurt? Like, he didn’t feel like eating because he was in pain, etc. I’ve never dealt with it myself, but I wonder if it’s bumblefoot? He doesn’t want to climb to the top level of the cage and doesn’t want to perch. I assume because his feet hurt!
Among other symptoms, Vitamin D deficiency causes weak and painful bones, swollen joints and lesions of the skin.

He should spend several hours in natural sunlight in addition to a daily supplementation of vitamin D3 + calcium.

Read up the severe effects of natural sunlight deprivation/vitamin D deficiency which cause a plethora of health symptoms.

I hope he gets better soon.

It could be bumble. That will make him not happy to move about if it's bad enough. The poop didn't seem too bad, so glad it's improving and it's possible it could be because he's not eating properly due to feeling pain. It's be interested to see the photos because I've never seen bumble on anything other than the pads off the feet or toes, not the actual toe.
Okay, still not a super great picture (hard to take a picture and hold a squirmy chicken at the same time), but you can see it.
IMG_0684.jpeg

IMG_0683.jpeg

This side is worse, but the other side has a small sore as well. I’m really hoping that is his nail and not the bone.

I can tell he already feels much better since I soaked it and put the antibiotic cream on it - he’s moving around more and is eating more too. I redressed the wounds just now.

Okay, still not a super great picture (hard to take a picture and hold a squirmy chicken at the same time), but you can see it.
View attachment 3823754
View attachment 3823755

This side is worse, but the other side has a small sore as well. I’m really hoping that is his nail and not the bone.

I can tell he already feels much better since I soaked it and put the antibiotic cream on it - he’s moving around more and is eating more too. I redressed the wounds just now.
Good pictures. To me it doesn’t look like bumble foot either. But it sure is an infection. Hope the treatment works out. ❤️‍🩹

Back
Top Bottom