Seven Dust

Braveteacher

Hatching
12 Years
May 3, 2007
Is seven dust bad to use in my chicken coop? I have tried not to use chemicals but just can not get rid of the fleas...they are really bothering the chickens. I have been putting vasoline on the chickens daily to kill the fleas but they keep coming back with a vengence. Will the seven dust get into the eggs? Naturally the chickens peck the ground where I will be putting the seven. Will that be bad for us to eat the eggs? Please help.

NO SEVEN DUST!!! It's poison!

Use DE :WHAT IS DIATOMACEOUS EARTH? Diatomaceous earth (DE) contains the fossil remains of diatoms, a type of algae which produces skeletons made of non-crystalline silica. Almost universally, the diatoms obtain silica from the volcanic ash which falls into the water in which the diatoms grow. Over time, these lakes have drained out, dried out, exposing volumes of these fossil remains, many feet deep. This material is now called diatomaceous earth.

HOW DOES IT WORK? This type of insect control is physical rather that chemical. The microscopic fossil damages the skin, joints and mouthparts of the insect and absorb body fluids. Insects die within one to two days from dehydration. Pests cannot and will not build up resistance to this method, which happens when using chemicals.

WHAT ARE THE USES? This EPA approved product is a NATURAL powerful insect killer. Can be applied to poultry as a dusting powder, used indoor/outdoor around the barn or house, anywhere area will stay dry. Effectively kills and controls ants, boxelder bugs, carpet beetles, crickets, earwigs, flies, mites, silverfish, slugs, snails, ticks, scorpions, almost any insects with a waxy coating will succumb to dehydration when the sharp dagger like points scratch it.
Shipped Prepaid.

Dia-Secticide: "Environmental User Friendly Insecticide For Today's Generation." Comes in a 9oz. Puff Bottle and 3 lb Tub. Easy to apply to cracks, crevices or use as a duster for plants, cats, dogs, poultry or other livestock. Can be used in dusting pan or applied with puff bottle or Dust Applicator.

Can be used on lawns and gardens as well. Even in the house for some uses. It absolutely works as well as any insect dusts.

Amy J.

smile.png
When I was a kid, my mother used to put the cold ashes from the wood stove in the chicken yard where the hens took their dust baths. She said it prevented bugs, I am not sure if that worked, but our poultry never had bugs. Maybe we were just lucky.

Rufus

Back
Top Bottom