Pics

BelovedBirds

Crossing the Road
Nov 8, 2021
England
I think Dougie is eggbound
ive been sitting with her about half an hour since noticing symptoms
I cant feel an egg, but im certain this is the cause

shes been pumping her tail up and down, her whole body constinantly moving like shes having contractions
shes whistling/whimpering very quietly occassionally so I know shes in pain

she wont eat and her crop is empty, shes so tired but wont sleep

i had to force feed her calcium and im not sure how long i should wait before trying something else

Last edited:
I think Dougie is eggbound
ive been sitting with her about half an hour since noticing symptoms
I cant feel an egg, but im certain this is the cause

shes been pumping her tail up and down, her whole body constinantly moving like shes having contractions
shes whistling/whimpering very quietly occassionally so I know shes in pain

she wont eat and her crop is empty, shes so tu

i had to force feed her calcium and im not sure how long i should wait before trying something else
oh god she just pooped pure yolk

what do i do?

the membrane just came away, soft shelled

its torn open hence the yolk, but i dont think theres any shell or membrane left inside her

is she going to be okay??
she was in a lot of pain, she strained her whole body, stood upright like a pengiun and it took a whole before the yolk and "shell" popped out
shes lying down with Sprightly now and doesnt seem to be in pain

vent looks fine

20230315_161131.jpg
20230315_161134.jpg

Does it look like everything came out? When my Runner was having trouble laying she was acting the same but finally she laid a soft shell. I don’t know why they seem to have trouble laying these. I hope Dougie is feeling much better now. I’d keep up the extra calcium at least the rest of the week or until she is laying a few hard shells.

she's still pumping her tail slightly, is reluctant to walk and wont eat, but she should return to normal right?
all the membrane came out i think, but what if yolk was left inside? will that be okay?

i think it was a glitch, as she laid an egg overnight that was a normal shell
so this was an extra

20230315_162015.jpg

it looks more like a hole than a split or tear, im sure this is all of the "shell", but im very worried theres yolk left. although the yolk came out first so perhaps not
i dont know, that was very stressful but im very glad i trusted my instincts
i wasnt going to check on then but felt something was wrong

It looks like the yolk is mostly there? Or from here all there? She could have something left or just might be normal reactio for laying a soft shell. Hopefully giving her a little time will get her back to her normal self

Back
Top Bottom