Temp at 95?

I kept reading after the 100 degree incubator and they dry to put them in the brooder at 95 for the first week and cut it down 5 degrees per week… I’m new to this and just need y’all’s advice

I kept reading after the 100 degree incubator and they dry to put them in the brooder at 95 for the first week and cut it down 5 degrees per week… I’m new to this and just need y’all’s advice
Yes this is best rule of thumb, 95 is tops needed and some say that is high. A constant 95 is good but especially running that high they need that much cooler area also. Are they shipped, local hatched?

Optimal temperature can vary. Mine found 95 too hot after hatching and I lowered my wattage and they were happier with 90. They are now 10 days old and in a much bigger brooder and they are happy with 85 in the warm spot and 75 the rest of the area. Just keep an eye on them and make sure they don't show signs of being too hot.

I'm assuming brooder is inside with consistent temps?
I don’t know why my
Yes this is best rule of thumb, 95 is tops needed and some say that is high. A constant 95 is good but especially running that high they need that much cooler area also. Are they shipped, local hatched?
hatched in my house and I took extra care for temp and humidity

Optimal temperature can vary. Mine found 95 too hot after hatching and I lowered my wattage and they were happier with 90. They are now 10 days old and in a much bigger brooder and they are happy with 85 in the warm spot and 75 the rest of the area. Just keep an eye on them and make sure they don't show signs of being too hot.
All 6 are up now jumping around @93 so tomorrow I might let 93 go down 👍👍👍

Back
Top Bottom