The colors of these Wyndotte's ???? BBS?

Hangin Wit My Peeps

AutumnBreezeChickens.com
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Birnamwood, Wisconsin
I got a couple dozen BBS wyndottes and wondering if the color of these three are Blue, Black, and Splash? Did I get that right?

9192_100_9114.jpg

The color of the chicks do not matter then? So it's not like the cochin BBS? I'm just trying to figure out what I have, if they are blues blacks or splashes. These are a little harder to tell then the cochin colors
sad.png

Quote:
From my understanding, with Blue Laced Red Wyandottes you can get either a lighter blue laced red, a dark blue laced red, or a splash blue laced red wyandotte. In the picture the chick in the top looks like my darker blue laced red wyandottes did and the bottom two kind of look like my splash blue laced red's. Hope this helps

Quote:
It's the same - in reference to the color of the lacing. When my BLRW were chicks I had a hard time figuring it out too. Some of the dark blues can look like black, or light blues like splashes. It's a lot easier to tell once they get some feathers, but I would agree with your guesses on the ones pictured.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Looks pretty much what you have there. The one to bottom left however could lighten up more to become a splash. The blue breeds the same as in Cochins.B/B/S.There is no real consideration for light blue/blue/or dark blue lacing. You will come out with birds ranging from almost white lacing to actual black lacing. I will add some pics of older BLRW chicks in a lil bit.They include BB&S colors.

Quote:
Looks pretty much what you have there. The one to bottom left however could lighten up more to become a splash. The blue breeds the same as in Cochins.B/B/S.There is no real consideration for light blue/blue/or dark blue lacing. You will come out with birds ranging from almost white lacing to actual black lacing. I will add some pics of older BLRW chicks in a lil bit.They include BB&S colors.

Quote:
Sorry,I got busy outside working on pens and moving birds around.I will def get some pics tomorrow...I lucked out in my hatch and got mainly blues and splash.Only got a few black laced in the bunch.I did notice I have some with lighter colored blue lacing.

Here's a pic showing the difference in the Blue Black and Splash BLRW....
99904_dscf0080_-_copy.jpg

Don't mind the other birds in there.There's some orpingtons, welsummers,and others in there.

Back
Top Bottom