Thanks guys.

@duluthralphie it had a broke break previously, but was picked at pretty bad yesterday. She was pinned in the yard, then in the coop over night this morning she was laying flat in the crate. The reason I'm concerned about her being sick is she was generally fine yesterday, besides the picking on her. The break was already broke and healing. Yesterday the scab was just pulled off.

Does that sound like enough stress/shock to just die over night?
If the infection was bad enough yes..

also to me, Mother Nature is smart.. while we think it is cruel, I think flocks, packs or whatever can sense a duck and dying member. Killing it is best for the packs survival.. so they do.. which we see as picking on it

also to me, Mother Nature is smart.. while we think it is cruel, I think flocks, packs or whatever can sense a duck and dying member. Killing it is best for the packs survival.. so they do.. which we see as picking on it
I fi agree mother nature knows best. I guess I'd not really considered the beak being infected. Nice duck reference. :D I almost missed it.

I was just talking to someone on emergency about that this morning. Seems cruel to us but survival to animals.

My dad said Olly hadn't done to well, he doesn't think Olly is eating or drinking much. What should I watch for? Could it be stress? He was surrounded by the muscovies for a while and his brother and the mallard were swimming in the creek. When I fed them at night he didn't seem to interested in the food either, he might have eaten when I left, not sure.

Back
Top Bottom