I wish I lived closer to you! I would definitely buy some of those beautiful Anconas from you!
I wish you did too! :D
If it makes toy feel better the family that bought thre last 3 youngsters where really happy to find them. They had researched a few breeds and just fell in love with the idea of having Anconas. It was a father and 3 young girls that came to pick them up. The fathers, sister also raises ducks, so they've got everything ready to go. I think they'll have some happy duckies. :D

@Trimurtisan are you still going to be hatching/selling ducklings in a few weeks?

I'm having the worst luck with shipped duck eggs. Just got one of the boxes of eggs that I ordered back in January... totally smashed after being in transit for 6 days. The other box is most likely lost. (They shipped out from the same seller at the exact same time.)

I have 7 runner eggs in the incubator due on the 28th. But that may be all I can hatch this year.

@Trimurtisan are you still going to be hatching/selling ducklings in a few weeks?

I'm having the worst luck with shipped duck eggs. Just got one of the boxes of eggs that I ordered back in January... totally smashed after being in transit for 6 days. The other box is most likely lost. (They shipped out from the same seller at the exact same time.)

I have 7 runner eggs in the incubator due on the 28th. But that may be all I can hatch this year.
I could, I'm most certainly not against it. :)

I do have some new babies you might be interested in. I just picked up 8 Khaki Campbell & 13 Jumbo Pekin hatchlings. These are not the same Khaki/Rouen cross, and are purebred. In general I'd not recommend keeping Pekin and Runners together. The Pekin are just so much larger. I don't know... Some people might be fine doing it, but it was a real pain in the butt here. These are jumbo too. My other Pekin where just regular sized.

The KCs are another small breed, and I do believe where breed with Runners.

If you want, I'll hold on to some for you. Their still just tiny babies. These are from a private farm, not shipped, he was just using the boxes. :)

20200411_115918.jpg
20200411_120038.jpg

Well guys, I am NEVER getting shipped ducklings EVER again. I feel like by the end of the next week I could practice veterinarian medicine. 😑 If it is not one duck with something wrong, another starts acting up. AGH! So this morning I thought all was well, other than waking up to a dead duckling, but now one is all the sudden not able to walk hardly and chirping consistently. It is very lethargic too. What in the world is going on with these babies?!

Back
Top Bottom