Chris, if you really consider that humongous cabinet, think about the electric cost to run it too. I had a hospital grade food cart, big as a refrigerator (the ones hospitals deliver meals to patients in) and it had all the humidity stuff too (technically it was for raising bread too) and it used a lot of electricity. So just another thing to think about. It may be worth chopping in half, or modifying in some way, but I wouldn’t do it. Just my 2cents.

I’m a big Brinsea fan, love my old Octagons, still use them. But bang for the buck, I love my Nurture Right 360. I have only used my GQF cabinet twice since adding the NR, and I pretty much always hatch in the NR, no matter what I incubate in.

Lookie what just hatched in my 360 over the last few days. Call ducklings, bantam Phoenix, Yokohamas and d’Uccles!
By the way, I sold the last of my cream legbar flock the other day. No more large fowl for me. I’m all bantam now.
View attachment 2088519View attachment 2088520View attachment 2088521View attachment 2088522View attachment 2088523View attachment 2088524View attachment 2088525View attachment 2088526View attachment 2088527View attachment 2088528View attachment 2088538View attachment 2088539View attachment 2088540

No more large fowl? Aww. How did you like the cream legbars? I'm just getting started with them.

No more large fowl? Aww. How did you like the cream legbars? I'm just getting started with them.

I really liked them, beautiful birds, good temperament, and the eggs were really good sellers. I just needed to empty a pen for another breed, and they were the easiest to sell at the moment.
I’m still considering incubating the last group of eggs they laid. A few of my girls were running with a couple of bantam cochin roosters, and I really want to see that cross too. Sooooo, I may just have to pop some in. :D

I have ten baby Aztecs hatched :D And four are Blue Pearl, which is great. We're trying to bring that color back, since the entire remaining flock was Porcelain. This is being achieved by breeding back to mallards, which needed to be done anyway because the previous flock owner had been breeding only to Pastel Calls to try to improve genetic diversity, and now these guys lean too far towards the Call side of their ancestry.

It is an odd fear. I'm sure its because even the trees in Australia try to kill you. I love foilage!!! Not something I get to see often most our trees are ever greens
Trees try to kill you too!? As if you don’t deal with enough of that from the animals! :eek: :th

We have a lot of pines/evergreens too but also gorgeous fall colors here. :love

I have ten baby Aztecs hatched :D And four are Blue Pearl, which is great. We're trying to bring that color back, since the entire remaining flock was Porcelain. This is being achieved by breeding back to mallards, which needed to be done anyway because the previous flock owner had been breeding only to Pastel Calls to try to improve genetic diversity, and now these guys lean too far towards the Call side of their ancestry.
I love that you are doing this! It's great there are people out there doing the hard yards to conserve beautiful animals. Can't wait for some pics

Yep, our gum trees are notorious for dropping very large limbs and/or falling over even on very calm days
Oh wow that sounds terrifying!! :eek: :th

These huge pine trees can be very dangerous. They can snap like twigs and fall over or drop limbs. Though of course it mostly happens during or after storms and/or very heavy rain and not just randomly but still.

Back
Top Bottom