How everyone! Wunda people around here must not know how to use bow an arrow either thank goodness I’ve never seen a wild animal walking around with an arrow sticking through them but hear of it happening. We had 2 dead deer down below us from being shot and made it almost to the river. :( Didn’t even know they were there till one of our dogs came to me carrying a leg bone then we found them.

Hunting with a bow is a whole different skill set than with a gun.

Depending on shot placement, the type of arrow used and strength of the bow, the arrow may or may not pass through an animal.

I like the arrow to stick out of the animal, my hunting partner prefers it passes through. Arrows kill by cutting like a scalpel. The animal bleeds to death.

The skill is then tracking the animal until it dies. Which can be in minutes or never, just like with a bullet. I don’t know if you have ever seen a boardhead but they are razor sharp. If you cut yourself with one you won’t even feel the cut, just see the blood. I know because when young and dumb I cut myself with one.

I know it can seem cruel, but any method of killing our food can.

But we can take solace in knowing guys like me spent a ton of money to not shoot a deer and that money goes to habitat and increasing other wildlife populations..

and finally!! Deer are cruel animals which will go to any length to one up man. (This man in particular).

Sunday night the WW and I were watching TV and about 10 pm we heard a crash. We looked out the window to see a car backing up. Turned into our drive and left. A buck decided to flip me off, by committing suicide by jumping in front of a car and dying in my driveway, instead of offering himself up to me Sunday.

hey guys has any one ever use nite guard I just ordered one to see how it works. I am tired of losing my birds. in the last two weeks I had 3 chicken and the one rooster and most of my quail . I did trap one coon I released it at the sewer plant I work at theres 20 acers of trees and a creek. going to set the trap up to night. they also try to get in the feed cans . oh good morning or good night to every one.

hey guys has any one ever use nite guard I just ordered one to see how it works. I am tired of losing my birds. in the last two weeks I had 3 chicken and the one rooster and most of my quail . I did trap one coon I released it at the sewer plant I work at theres 20 acers of trees and a creek. going to set the trap up to night. they also try to get in the feed cans . oh good morning or good night to every one.
You should have released that raccoon into the sewer plant's tank, not at the plant, making it somebody else's problem. Nite guard is bs! It will work for a short time, but then the effect fades, like the effect of a scare crow or reflective tape, because predators are not dumb. They learn quickly that those red eyes are not doing some harm to them. Better spend your money into some electric fencing.

Unless the sewer plant is 1,000 miles away all you did was give it a longer walk home.

Of course, we can always hope it gets hit by a car crossing the road.

Hunting with a bow is a whole different skill set than with a gun.

Depending on shot placement, the type of arrow used and strength of the bow, the arrow may or may not pass through an animal.

I like the arrow to stick out of the animal, my hunting partner prefers it passes through. Arrows kill by cutting like a scalpel. The animal bleeds to death.

The skill is then tracking the animal until it dies. Which can be in minutes or never, just like with a bullet. I don’t know if you have ever seen a boardhead but they are razor sharp. If you cut yourself with one you won’t even feel the cut, just see the blood. I know because when young and dumb I cut myself with one.

I know it can seem cruel, but any method of killing our food can.

But we can take solace in knowing guys like me spent a ton of money to not shoot a deer and that money goes to habitat and increasing other wildlife populations..

and finally!! Deer are cruel animals which will go to any length to one up man. (This man in particular).

Sunday night the WW and I were watching TV and about 10 pm we heard a crash. We looked out the window to see a car backing up. Turned into our drive and left. A buck decided to flip me off, by committing suicide by jumping in front of a car and dying in my driveway, instead of offering himself up to me Sunday.
Roadkill stew?

Back
Top Bottom