I banded them with band aids at first and then decided to use that vet wrap/bandage wrap (the stuff that is usually brown or nude color and sticks to itself). You just wrap it around one leg and then wrap it around the other leg which forces them together, adjusting the length in between. I changed it every other day and left it on 24/7 for about a week and a half.

They say you get the best results doing it when they are 1-3 days old but mine was almost a week old before I found out it could be fixed. It worked like a charm though. It was one of 6 all white chicks that I have, now I don't even know which one it was!
Interesting!! I'm picking up my week old group of 7 tomorrow. I'm really hoping they are all fine but if not I might pick your brain 😁
I have a feeling they are being fed chick starter.

Good Afternoon, Evening, Night, Morning or Day to everybody on the beautiful Blue Marble Planet! 🌏

Dreary day today here in West Virginia: It is cold and wet outside, we are down by 20°C compared to yesterday and it is drizzling the whole day. Tonight will be another frosty one and then we will be done with ʍıuʇǝɹ¡ (hopefully!)

For those following my journey down under on trying to get suitable duck/quail/anything but chicken qaulity feed.... I went into the actual stock room of feed store today, looking for scratch mix for my ever growing chicken population... when I see a bag with a chicken and muscovy on top, a genuine mixed flock mix :eek:. For the last 12 months no one knew they carried a mixed flock feed!!! Now for the kicker... it's 5kg lighter then the game bird bag I've been getting and $5 dearer :rant. But besides almost breaking down in tears at the price I will be giving it a crack and won't even hunt for a better price because unlike every other feed shop in the town (5! There are 5 flipping feed stores in this town!) they are the only ones who ever make an effort to order me in exactly what I want.

For those following my journey down under on trying to get suitable duck/quail/anything but chicken qaulity feed.... I went into the actual stock room of feed store today, looking for scratch mix for my ever growing chicken population... when I see a bag with a chicken and muscovy on top, a genuine mixed flock mix :eek:. For the last 12 months no one knew they carried a mixed flock feed!!! Now for the kicker... it's 5kg lighter then the game bird bag I've been getting and $5 dearer :rant. But besides almost breaking down in tears at the price I will be giving it a crack and won't even hunt for a better price because unlike every other feed shop in the town (5! There are 5 flipping feed stores in this town!) they are the only ones who ever make an effort to order me in exactly what I want.
Woohoooo!! :yesss: I had a feed experience as well yesterday.... We have a popular chain called tractor supply and then a small feed store. I had been buying small bags for the same price that this place offers a 50# bag for. I don't go there often bc they only take cash. I lose/spend cash too fast so I never have any on me. So I decided to have a look around and realized I had been robbed by tractor supply. This place has everything that I have ever needed and the prices are soooo much cheaper. I will be going there from now on.

I just realized you are from Australia and I have so many questions!!!! I'll stick with one for now though... Have you seen lots of wild kangaroo??! I think those would be my favorite! Are they really mean like I've heard?? I have always wanted a wallaby.

Good morning folks :frow Good evening Wunda & Kiwi :frow

Wunda, I feel your pain. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive for me to get decent feed. And it's pricey. I can get a super quality feed about 8 hours from me. Cost of freight is $200 whether I get 10 or 50 bags. Plus the cost of the feed.
Good morning!!! That is a heck of a drive. Sounds like you have some lucky animals for you to drive that far for decent feed for them.

Do any of you do fermented feed for your ducks? I'm interested in doing it for the chickens and would love to do in it for the ducks if it is just as beneficial for them.

Yep! They of course stuck their noses up to it at first, but now they gobble it up. Feathers look great, way less poop (and fewer smells). I love how half the amount creates double the volume, so I save a bit on feed costs 👍

Back
Top Bottom