Merry Friday to Everybody!
1666977770159.png

So, i am a bit concerned about the Ducknagers: Yesterday when i grabbed the planter aka Duck Supper-Bowl the Ducknagers were making a loud tantrum in front of the patio.
Then i walked into the kitchen to fill it up with some goodies (green tomatoes, calcium rice, red cabbage, whole wheat bread,...)
But when i came back outside for the daily "Alle Enten gehen jetzt schlafen!" [All ducks go to sleep now!] ritual the Ducknagers were gone!
Again they spent the night on the pond! - It was a scary one for sure because Coyotes were howling in the woods last night. I walked up to the pond shortly after midnight (the 'yotes woke me up) armed with a flashlight in my laft hand and a razor-sharp machete in the right one and there were only the Ducknagers rafting in the middle of the pond. No Mallards.
In fact i haven't seen the Mallards for two days now, this morning they didn't come to pick up breakfast... So their bleeding ears may have convinced them to fly south… 🤣
I will try to bring the duck to bed a bit earlier today, catching the Ducknagers off guard before they can go awol.

So, i am a bit concerned about the Ducknagers: Yesterday when i grabbed the planter aka Duck Supper-Bowl the Ducknagers were making a loud tantrum in front of the patio.
Then i walked into the kitchen to fill it up with some goodies (green tomatoes, calcium rice, red cabbage, whole wheat bread,...)
But when i came back outside for the daily "Alle Enten gehen jetzt schlafen!" [All ducks go to sleep now!] ritual the Ducknagers were gone!
Again they spent the night on the pond! - It was a scary one for sure because Coyotes were howling in the woods last night. I walked up to the pond shortly after midnight (the 'yotes woke me up) armed with a flashlight in my laft hand and a razor-sharp machete in the right one and there were only the Ducknagers rafting in the middle of the pond. No Mallards.
In fact i haven't seen the Mallards for two days now, this morning they didn't come to pick up breakfast... So their bleeding ears may have convinced them to fly south… 🤣
I will try to bring the duck to bed a bit earlier today, catching the Ducknagers off guard before they can go awol.
Good luck, ours are usually good ducks. Sometimes they decide it is bed time and will head to bed before we get out there to tell them to goto bed. When we tell them to goto bed they are usually pretty good about going to the proper houses, but sometimes they do protest it and require some herding lol. When we are going to leave for a bit too long we will put them up during the day, they really protest those days, but we try to let them out a bit early and not make them goto bed at normal time the next day, and extra treats of course.

Just wearing my normal costume, myself! That is scary enough ;). Joking aside I hope you get to feeling better soon Wunda!
Currently just the children that are si
Arrr the challenges of puberty! Atleast they have picked a somewhat safe place to sleep while they rebel their curfew.

Good luck, ours are usually good ducks. Sometimes they decide it is bed time and will head to bed before we get out there to tell them to goto bed. When we tell them to goto bed they are usually pretty good about going to the proper houses, but sometimes they do protest it and require some herding lol. When we are going to leave for a bit too long we will put them up during the day, they really protest those days, but we try to let them out a bit early and not make them goto bed at normal time the next day, and extra treats of course.
Mine are good too, as soon as they hear the Kubota they start single file toward the coop. There there is food and fresh water being served.

I'd sure get them in for the night before they start becoming dinners for the predators.

@WannaBeHillBilly

Currently just the children that are si

Arrr the challenges of puberty! Atleast they have picked a somewhat safe place to sleep while they rebel their curfew.

Mine are good too, as soon as they hear the Kubota they start single file toward the coop. There there is food and fresh water being served.
I tricked them last evening: Had to go grocery-shopping and picking up prescriptions, had to leave home at 19:00 latest (CVS closes at 20:00) and so kept them hangry for the afternoon. They were so hangry, that they even made a futile attempt to raid my freshly planted lavender! - Which was funny to observe…
I started to prepare their supper bowl shortly after 18:00, causing a siege like situation around the patio.
Then at 18:30 it was time for the ritual "Alle Enten gehen jetzt schlafen!" - Everybody just stormed into the duck-run, they wouldn't even want to trial-taste their bowl. They just ran in and were waiting for supper! 🤣
Bam! Door was closed, no way to go awol to the pond this evening.
Coming home at 21:00, exhausted from buying too much stuff again (Kroger had the three for two dollars Pepper-offer again...) - I could hear the ducknagers from the mailbox! ½ mile away, they were somewhat p¡ssed! 😂

Back
Top Bottom