This is my first time using this incubator (borrowed from @Magnolia Ducks ) but I hope to get some pics . The ducklings won't be with us long because I am hatching for the guy who runs the dump in our precinct. He lost his ducks to a neighbor's dog (familiar story ?) and really missed them.
I hope he fixed the problem before these go home with him.

Yes, it came back after 24 hours (give or take)
I would definitely continue to incubate, in nature it does happen that a hen isn't sitting for 24 hours and still the majority of the eggs will develop normally. - And i assume your incubator is inside and didn't got freezing cold?

This is my first time using this incubator (borrowed from @Magnolia Ducks ) but I hope to get some pics . The ducklings won't be with us long because I am hatching for the guy who runs the dump in our precinct. He lost his ducks to a neighbor's dog (familiar story ?) and really missed them.
:eek:
You borrowed the 'bator from @Magnolia Ducks ?! 😲
In that case all the ducklings will look fuzzy and blurry!
Her incubator always produces blurred ducklings… :lau

I would definitely continue to incubate, in nature it does happen that a hen isn't sitting for 24 hours and still the majority of the eggs will develop normally.

I am! Even saw some movement in one of the eggs (I couldn't resist a quick check)

- And i assume your incubator is inside and didn't got freezing cold?

I may be a silly Canadian, but I'm not THAT silly! :lau

Well, here in rural HillBilly land it is even more unfortunate than in more urban areas: Poultry and lifestock are more or less treated like things. Things you own and use and sometimes simply "throw away"…
:th

I'm in Wyoming, so you'll find more rednecks than hillbillies, but I'm familiar with the line of thought. You'll find a lot of people with a good deal of respect for wildlife and the environment, it's one of the main reasons people move here, but I've also been told by my redneck brother and some of his hunting buddies that "the only good duck is a dead duck." Ironically I give away more eggs to them than anyone else.

I'm in Wyoming, so you'll find more rednecks than hillbillies, but I'm familiar with the line of thought. You'll find a lot of people with a good deal of respect for wildlife and the environment, it's one of the main reasons people move here, but I've also been told by my redneck brother and some of his hunting buddies that "the only good duck is a dead duck." Ironically I give away more eggs to them than anyone else.
I'm not against duck-hunting or hunting in general, if the hunter respects the hunted animals and lets as little as possible go to waste. I'm not a vegetarian neither, even eat duck, i am just despised by people who "welcome" a new family member but then aren't willing to take on any responsibility…

Back
Top Bottom