Happy Pre-Friday to Everybody!

Raining on and off here the whole day, even the ducks became soaked. They're all sitting under something to get out of the rain…
Next 🌞 is scheduled for Sunday. Can't wait for it… :pop
Ah, so this time it's YOU sending the bad weather my way! Been nice for several days but starting to cloud over now, and rain starts Saturday. All week.

Ah, so this time it's YOU sending the bad weather my way! Been nice for several days but starting to cloud over now, and rain starts Saturday. All week.
I don't know whom to blame anymore for this 💩 weather. - I did not send it on its way, it just passes through here on its way north. Sunday is forecasted to be "nic(er)", but Monday the next round of showers will approach.
On the other hand, i don't have to water my garden. And the Brassicas love cooler weather too. Just the duck and Mr. PeaDuck were miserable today…

Entering the duck-house has become life-threatening dangerous!

Now there's two dragons in there, first Violeta Dragon Duck:
full
No idea on how many eggs she is sitting, she defends her nest by biting, scratching and knock-out punches with her wings.

And then there is the even more dangerous Black Dragon. Having savage Viking ancestors in her blood-line she is threatening to swallow everything that comes too close whole:
full
Once again, no clue on how many eggs she is sitting and i'm not going to risk limb and life to find out.

Today's egg collection was 15 eggs, which is back to "normal" from eight to ten during the last couple of days, so i assume both dragons have collected their clutch and are now not allowing any other duck to sit on "their" babies.
Though i am not sure about Violeta's nest. During night hours, Violeta Dragon leaves the nest to eat and drink and Tweedledee turns Dragon and sits.
Ducks are complicated… 😵

Beauty is in the eye of the observer. Compared to the really dull Mallard Duck, the Peahens do have some brilliant colours and they also have these crown feathers, like the males.
I guess I just focused on the beautiful fan tail of brilliant colors that the male has. There is beauty even in my Mallard females in my eyes so I do know what you mean. Mr. Peahen is just so beautiful like the one on my bus route and the female I had seen was just brown and white but it might have been a different type of Peacock.

Back
Top Bottom