Don't trust me, but you don't want a goose!
Everybody to whom i said "i would love to have geese." warned me about goslings and geese being even messier than ducklings and ducks...

I actually find it to be the opposite - ducklings and ducks are much messier than goslings and geese, haha.

I use these plastic kiddie pools that you can buy for a few $$ almost everywhere. I have a smaller one that i will set up for the chaos-team today or tomorrow...
I have two small dogs in the house with my ducklings. The tote that they are in right now at the peeping stage is up high where they could never touch them. Once they quit the peeping the dogs won't show any interest in them. They think they are squeaking toys at this age. If I hold them up to them they just look at them but if they saw them running around my house I am sure they would think it was game on. They never bother any of mine outside no matter what size they are. That is why I don't use any pools as most of them are not that high like my totes are. That's great that it works well for you Frank.

Hi Friends, here are two pictures of Blister Duck's scalded foot:
full

full
I am afraid those dark parts have died off and will fall off soon...
It's foot may end up looking like it is part chicken instead of duck.

Everybody to whom i said "i would love to have geese." warned me about goslings and geese being even messier than ducklings and ducks...

Nope, you can't convince me that one or two geese will be messier than 30+ ducks! :lau

Hi Friends, here are two pictures of Blister Duck's scalded foot:
full

full
I am afraid those dark parts have died off and will fall off soon...

Poor sweetie. Keep the skin hydrated, you may be able to save part of the webbing. If not, then make him a little flipper shoe. :)

Many years ago, I had someone take my cockatiel out of it's cage and it startled and flew into a pan of simmering ground beef. Poor Jake lost several toes, but he survived and did quite well with his handicap. He was thereafter known as Jake the Foot.

Poor sweetie. Keep the skin hydrated, you may be able to save part of the webbing. If not, then make him a little flipper shoe. :)

Many years ago, I had someone take my cockatiel out of it's cage and it startled and flew into a pan of simmering ground beef. Poor Jake lost several toes, but he survived and did quite well with his handicap. He was thereafter known as Jake the Foot.
Animals do seem to know how to adapt to their handicap. I see three legged dogs on my bus route that do very well with no help from any devices. I also knew of a dog that was born with very short front legs and regular sized back ones. It too adapted very well. Hopefully this little duckling if not in any pain will be able to use its foot. Swimming may present a problem but other than that hopefully it will be fine.

But they are sooo much fun. They tried to strip me this morning. I need to separate them soon as Lenny Bruce the goose has become an egg eater. But I have the unholy alliance. The runner ducks flock with the geese. Ill send blurry pictures.

Back
Top Bottom