Speaking of the driveway, @Canadian Wind we got less snow here, by my driveway makes that up in length, we just got 10cm of snow. That's the gravel in front of the garage, a pia to clean up:
full

The top -part of the driveway:
full

And all the way down into the holler:
full

Tomorrow will be a sunny but crispy day:
View attachment 3727588
And on Thursday we get the next round of snow…
We are supposed to get snow starting tonight, just a small amount and then some more tomorrow and an inch on Friday. It can stay at a minimum as we don't need anymore than that, lol. It's bitter cold out right now, 6 F with 25 mph winds. I have to go check out my school bus now and I can hardly wait!!! LOL

I hope your okay in these temps @Luv Ducks we're at 6F.

I also hope those cold butts aren't frozen into the pond this morning @WannaBeHillBilly
Do you park a car at the end of your driveway when the weather is like this? It's a bummer to walk up and down but for me it's better than sliding off into the river we have on one side of our driveway actually our dirt road leading to our driveway.

We are supposed to get snow starting tonight, just a small amount and then some more tomorrow and an inch on Friday. It can stay at a minimum as we don't need anymore than that, lol. It's bitter cold out right now, 6 F with 25 mph winds. I have to go check out my school bus now and I can hardly wait!!! LOL
I hope the heater in your bus is working properly!
It's lousy cold here, we have only a light wind here, but straight from the north west and it feels like somebody is throwing razor blades at your face. It will be sunny the whole day but below freezing, then a slightly warmer night and snow starting tomorrow morning until Friday night.
And I'm running out of kerosene...

I also hope those cold butts aren't frozen into the pond this morning @WannaBeHillBilly
Do you park a car at the end of your driveway when the weather is like this? It's a bummer to walk up and down but for me it's better than sliding off into the river we have on one side of our driveway actually our dirt road leading to our driveway.
The cold butts are still bobbing in open water, but it's only a small spot left in the middle of the pond. I assume when the hunger will drive them down here that will freeze over in an instant.
I forced myself up there before sunrise but again my offer to lead them to warmer grounds fell on deaf ears...

Hit the send button on my dang phone...
No, car is safe in the garage and I hope that by the time I need to drive down to the road the remaining snow/ice has been evaporated by the sun.
Down is not the issue anyways 😆
Down is easy and sometimes very fast.
Getting back up is the challenge.
And trust me, a dirt road provides more traction in these conditions than concrete slabs...

I hope the heater in your bus is working properly!
It's lousy cold here, we have only a light wind here, but straight from the north west and it feels like somebody is throwing razor blades at your face. It will be sunny the whole day but below freezing, then a slightly warmer night and snow starting tomorrow morning until Friday night.
And I'm running out of kerosene...
You had better go get some more kerosene Frank before you run out completely. My heater does work well in the bus but after I got to work and got it all checked out and froze my face off they cancelled! The wind is so strong and it was terrible and felt like you were describing and since the kids have to wait outside for the busses they decided it wasn't worth it. Our weather sounds like yours now, we're supposed to get some snow starting tomorrow night into Friday but a little warmer temperatures. It is 7F right now with big winds so that makes it feel a whole lot colder for sure.

I really admire you folks for having those long dangerous driveways. I hate my tiny hill going up my little driveway and the shoveling I have to do when it gets too deep and it is absolutely nothing compared to what you guys do. Whenever we looked at houses I always checked out the driveway because I know how bad our winters can get. I used to live next door to where I am right now and my Hubby built this house so I was blessed that he made sure it wasn't anymore steep than it had to be. The Ducks love the flat land too as it's easier for them to get around. I am sure they would love a pond but since they have never had one I don't tell them what one is like and they seem to be satisfied without one. LOL

Back
Top Bottom