Whatever was here on Saturday came back!!!
šŸ˜±
I was just woken up by a terrible commotion from - i guess - the other side of the holler. There was a lot of yipping, yapping and yelping and a terrible scream followed by eerie silence.
Not even the spring toads are making any noise right now.
Something just died out thereā€¦
:oops:
Sounds like dogs.

Well... it's not impossible nut i think it is more likley to be coyotes or something and the vultures are just there eating what the coyotes are leaving. I'm thinking if it were an arieal predator you'd find feathers or something. I don't see how vultures could carry off that many full size ducks that fast.

Coyotes have been bad here this year. Lots of folks losing birds and a friends little dog was attacked one evening just a few feet from their front door while it was out for a potty break.

I have tons of turkey vultures at my place too. So far I've never saw them swoop down in an attempt at the duks.
But again.. anything is possible i guess.

Editing to add hugs. šŸ«‚
So sorry about Limpy and the rest. šŸ˜­
I've never have a predator waste anything but a webby. They just disappear.

he has not started eating or drinking yet but its still less than 24 hours since he hatched (sometime between 10 pm and 5 am, i dont know exactly) I wonder should i try give him a few drops of liquid b complex? or just add something in his water maybe? I have poultry cell but i heard it tastes bad?

Before and after - yesterday and today.
Magic duckling booster = mashed peas, cracked corn, dry yeast, grit, water. They get dry chick starter crumble separately but they loooove the booster mix.

unnamed.jpg
unnamed2.jpg

he has not started eating or drinking yet but its still less than 24 hours since he hatched (sometime between 10 pm and 5 am, i dont know exactly) I wonder should i try give him a few drops of liquid b complex? or just add something in his water maybe? I have poultry cell but i heard it tastes bad?
He's okay with out eating he absorbed his/her yolk put it down put a little on your wet finger and see if he'll nibble. I put liquid B complex in my ducklings water and nutritional yeast sprinkled over their feed.
How is the little one this morning @Jenbirdee

Back
Top Bottom