The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Sooo candled a bit. I think I saw some internal pips! Τσουρέκι is the one I'm the most sure has internally pipped. Humidity is now rising, but slower than I'd like
My little Τσουρέκι!!!! I am seriously excited! Πηγαίνω Τσουρέκι, Πηγαίνω!!!!
1714003139738.gif

Freddie, what are you doing in there? I hatched today at 12:15p EST. I’m so happy to be here! Use all of your energy to hatch! Then you can rest for as long as you want. Hatch Greek Eggies, HATCH!!!! ❤️🥚
IMG_4108.jpeg

Last edited:
I was the same way last year, but my pessimism took over and now I'm just happy once they've hatched. Then again, all these power outages have kind of killed me inside. Like my eggs.
Don’t your hens ever become broody if you lay a bunch of fake eggs in a nest in spring? Try, and if one is committed, change the fake eggs for marked hatchery eggs.

Many hens are great in hatching and don't need any electricity to hatch chicks or keep them warm. If you often have power outages, and dont have hens that become broody, I would get myself one or two hens that are well known to be good broodies.

Last edited:
Don’t your hens ever become broody if you lay a bunch of fake eggs in a nest in spring? Try, and if one is committed, change the fake eggs for marked hatchery eggs.

Many hens are great in hatching and don't need any electricity to hatch chicks or keep them warm. If you often have power outages, and dont have hens that become broody, I would get myself one or two hens that are well known to be good broodies.
Oh, I have several hens that go broody, just not that early in the year! Heck, it's still dipping below freezing (currently -3c). I've started letting one of the banty Cochin sit. I would much rather have the eggs brooded naturally.

If I want to have anything for sale for the Spring, I need to start earlier than when I'll allow them to sit. It's bittersweet.

Back
Top Bottom