Theif and Vandal! Thinks hes in the right? HA!

DragonEggs

Songster
9 Years
May 11, 2010
Borger, TX
So, my dad sold our house in TX so we could move to FL. The guy he sold it to and his wife came accross to us as illegal aliens (no SSN) but they had a young child and she was pregnant and they were about to be kicked out of their place so my dad cut them a great deal. He was asking 49,000 for the house, dropped it to 44,000 and took a 4,000 deposit for owner financing. I drew up the contracts, had a notary look them over, everything checked out legit, papers were signed, we moved out, he moved in.

The first month he paid right on time, certified mail.

The second month he was 2 weeks late.

the third month he didn't pay.

We mailed him the legal notice that his payment was late and must be recieved within the next 30 days with late fee (as stated in the contract) or he would be found in default in evicted.

He paid the late month, the next month, and the late fee.

The next 4 months he paid 2-3 weeks late each time.

The taxes on the house were also the buyer's responsibility, which he had not yet paid.

During this time we had been sending notices that he was voilating the terms of his contract by not providing proof of homeowners insurance.

My dad wanted to be rid of this headache once and for all. With only 5 years left on the original mortgage he offered a transfer from owner financing and to put the mortgage in the buyers name for an additional $2500. He would then only have to pay the $372 per month for the next 5 years directly to the mortgage company rather than for the next 10 years to us.

The buyer blew the offer off. We continued to send notices of his contact violations. Finally when the grace period had passed we sent notice of the increase in monthly payment to cover the homeowners insurance with the option to opt out of the original buyers contract and enter a renters contract. He blew off those notices.

No payment was recieved for over a month.

Since we live 1200 miles away we hired someone to handle the legalities in person in our old town. He served the eviction notice of 72 hours.

The buyer finally packs up and leaves. The lawyer goes into the house to inspect it....

Now at this point we all know what is coming. Just like with bad renters, the place is trashed, etc, etc...

This is BEYOND TRASHED! This is BEYOND LOOTED!

Well over $6000.00 in damages and stolen property.

Included in the contract with sale of the house was a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, garden shed, 3 AC window units (shed alone worth over $2000, almost $4000 total in extras). All brand new equipment, all less than a year old. ALL GONE! EVEN THE SHED!!!

The front part of the fence was completely removed and destroyed to remove the shed.

Ceiling fans, wall paneling, the mdicine cabinet in the bathroom, even the mailbox! ALL GONE!

Carpets and walls destroyed... I could go on and on but it would get me crying again.

So we call and text message the guy. No answer. We leave messages that he has 24 hours to return all the stolen property or he will have grand theft larceny charges filed against him. Pampa, TX is a small town. He WILL be found.

I finally get him on the phone. He refuses to deal with me but refuses to answer the phone for my dad. He demands the return of his original $4000 deposit in exchange for the return of the stolen property. I keep trying to explain to him he is not entitled to anything and not only was he in violation of the contract several times over that he is now commiting a serious crime for which there is a huge penalty. He refuses to hear me and constantly hangs up on me.

I was born and raised in Brooklyn NY, I'm Italian, trust me, I am NOT below making threats.

I am SO HEATED over this! My father and I loved that house and the news was hard enough to hear, then we had to see pictures... It was unbearable.

We're in the process of planning a trip out there to handle this personally. If it comes to that this jerk will NOT be happy with the results. His only hope is the cops find him before we do and put him in jail where he will be safe from my rath!!!!

somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif

P.S. You can see pictures of the after damage to the house on my photobucket (Link Below)
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v348/StartStatcFanatic/Poor House/

Last edited:
I am going to put this in perspective for you. That is very BAD, but you need to consider yourself lucky. After I evicted someone from my mom's condo, it cost her $36,000 to repair it and put it up for sale. All sinks and tubs were smashed with sledge hammers, all cabinet cupboards removed, stove smashed, dishwasher ruined beyond repair. They had lifted the carpets up and defecated and then put it back. All doors were gone. All closet doors were gone. Blinds were cut, light fixtures peed in and put back up. They removed the deck for firewood. They purposely damaged the water lines to the washer in the garage. AND they cooked meth in the place and left all their goods behind.

While you have a nightmare on your hands, it could be WAY worse.
hugs.gif

What a terrible experiance you have had...But I agree with debiraymond... I have just seen a program here in OZ - about a rental house that was trashed. Every single plaster sheet on each wall had had a sledgehammer through it...Not just each wall... Every window was smashed..The bath and sink were smashed- Doors were removed as was the stove. It seriously looks like the house was sceduled for demolition...and the workers stopped half way through the job. There was rotting furniture left behind- as well as piles of rubbish everywhere. This house is not repairable.It now has to be demolished and the family who owned it will now loose the house they live in now.

I sympathize with you over your troubles...but consider yourself very lucky that it wasnt worse. I hope you have better luck with a proper sale when it is cleaned up again.

Never feel sorry for anyone you are doing business with, never ever ever.

Let me get this straight. When your father sold him the place, the buyers were already in the process of being evicted from their previous home? Illegals? No SSN? And you are raising cane about the deal going bad. Sure looks to me like the writting was on the wall from the first shot out the box.

Ugh? Another thing I ain't to sure about either, legally anyhow.

Your father SOLD the house and property to this guy, right? If the home was sold to him, the owner has the right to do anything he wants with the moveables on the property. He wants to sell the fridge, and use an ice chest, it's his fridge. He wants to burn the shed, it's his shed. He wants to take the fence down, it's his fence. Maybe he didn't like the ACs, so he sold them, they were his to sell.

Now if the home and property was rented to him, that would be different, right?

Banks take damaged property back all the time, in much the same condition as what draymond described. I have been in on a repair of damaged property. It still amazes me just how clever a vandal can be. If they would apply that type of motivation, skill, and initiative to a constructive job, they could honestly earn whatever they wanted.

By the way 6k damage, that guy didn't use any imagination at all, heck it could have been much worse.

Auntie Saddi would like to remind you that if someone can't get thier own loan from the bank, there could be a good reason. Now plenty of perfectly nice people have poor credit, however, pleanty of people with poor money skills also have bad credit.

If these people bought the house through a seller carried contract then they are only guilty of breaking the contract.
They are not thieves or vandals, because they technically owned the items they took with them. They weren't renters.

We bought our second home under a seller carried contract (better rate and no fees) and all appliances were included. They have been sold or given away to make room for our own. Now if we stop paying and violate the contract, only the house and land reverts to the seller. The personal property comes with us.

Let the police and legal system handle it.

AT LEAST YOU GOT THEM OUT!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif

and you can move ahead with remodel and rent it out etc...
Most don't get that far. The squatters just stay and stay...and YOU have to provide them with water, gas, electricity etc...until they actually leave....Trust me, the laws are stacked against us slum lords....

Back
Top Bottom