Very injured beak. Need advice please

nilihanth

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2023
Missouri
My hen has a very injured beak as seen in the attached pictures. Unsure of when this occurred but likely within 1-2 days.

I’m also not sure what caused it as we have not noticed any violence among the hens when we’re around. No roosters.

Any advice is appreciated. She’s our little sweetheart.

Attachments

• IMG_7143.jpeg
    IMG_7143.jpeg
    631.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7141.jpeg
    IMG_7141.jpeg
    560.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7140.jpeg
    IMG_7140.jpeg
    684.4 KB · Views: 16
Yikes! Can she still eat? Clean it off and try feeding her some raw egg by syringe. So sorry this happened😞.

Update: So I'm suspecting her beak wound might have been self-inflicted. Or at the least, earned. She might be our sweetheart but I think she is a little aggressive toward the other hens. I went in the run to hand-feed her with the purpose of checking her behavior and she pecked away 2-3 other hens haha! Nothing major, but certainly a sign that she's still higher in the pecking order.

Update: So I'm suspecting her beak wound might have been self-inflicted. Or at the least, earned. She might be our sweetheart but I think she is a little aggressive toward the other hens. I went in the run to hand-feed her with the purpose of checking her behavior and she pecked away 2-3 other hens haha! Nothing major, but certainly a sign that she's still higher in the pecking order.
Oh haha. Hope she gets better.

Back
Top Bottom