What’s the deal with you chicken people??

🙂 I thought my broody from last year was going to take also. That's her in there with Joannie. The other 2 are stalking because of course the other 2 nest boxes are not the flavor of the day.
But I've got at least 2 others (it's hard to keep track) that are cluck cluck cluckin' round the yard. View attachment 3825365View attachment 3825366
🙂 I thought my broody from last year was going to take also. That's her in there with Joannie. The other 2 are stalking because of course the other 2 nest boxes are not the flavor of the day.
But I've got at least 2 others (it's hard to keep track) that are cluck cluck cluckin' round the yard. View attachment 3825365View attachment 3825366
Oh such beauties! What breed? Is chunky black a breed?

Oh such beauties! What breed? Is chunky black a breed?
I recognize the Chunky Black breed.
This is Tassels, a good example of the breed.
IMG_5978.jpeg

Black Copper Marans.
I have 19 BCMs.. 2 boys, King and Kong. 9 girls in Kongs flock and the 8 babies that are 5 weeks old. King is in his other flock of 9 mixed breed. 30 birds total with the 2 ducks...🙂
Oh Kong and king I know! You’ve got great looking birds!

Well I had to give little bit a talking to this morning. We do not pull the tails of our flock mates lol
I had a talking with Kong yesterday but I was on the receiving end. He had to inform me about the giant evil 'Red winged black bird' he had to drive off the property and all was safe and secure now. Of course, followed by the obligated "Where's my treat?"

IMG_20240506_152254.jpg

Kong and his flock...View attachment 3825453

King with his flock... King has too much white and a squirrel tail to use as a breeder so I use him for Marans hybrids and Olive Eggers
View attachment 3825454
So you use Kong to breed marans because they’re pure bred? I’m trying to figure this whole chicken breed thing out. And King breeds for mixes?

Back
Top Bottom