Yellow Muscovy?

My muscovi drake is a little stinker too. I have a kiddie pool and a bathtub in the run and there's a pond and streams he can access but nope! The only way he will stay in the bath is if there is a female to mate with, and I'm pretty sure my girl doesn't bathe as often because of that (but she really enjoys a soak in my bathtub indoors, all by herself! and now that she has a tub outside, the drake doesn't notice when she's in there as much as the kiddie pool.)

I had asked my friends who I got my eggs from when i first noticed it and they too said their drake was dirty and didn't like to bathe but their females were clean.
My big black barred muscovy drake is still a clean boy, enjoying a good splashy bath every day. The other stinker from 2 years ago is still a stinker needing hosing down regularly. I now have a third white muscovy drake. He, too, is averse to water!!! It's such a shame as he comes up lovely when I put him in the kiddie pool and rub him down. But I generally just hose him every few days

When I had solid white Muscovy their feathers would get yellow from their preening it would take a good molt for them to be pretty and white again. Then it would start again but seem to be worse close to the time for molt probably because by then the feathers are needing to be replaced and aren't in the best condition anyway.

Back
Top Bottom