♞Equestrian Chat Thread!♞

Howdy. I have 2 buckskin Quarter Horse mares. 1 with a buckskin filly about needing weaned.
I ride western. Mostly just trail rides. I used to hunt off of them some and would like to do some hog hunts on Gov land if I had the time. I used to do some out riding at chuckwagon races but do not have the time or $$$ for that anymore.
I occasionally help neighbors find a lost cow or during their round up if I'm home to do so.
I love working COWS ! and my colt... Loves the cows !
Hello:frow I don’t ride, but I’m seriously obsessed with horses. Sadly I can’t afford one now and have literally no experience:hmm I’m trying to look for a place for lessons, but no such luck. buttonquail, :hugs I’m sorry,
Well... If your truly obsessed... a good place to start... Is a local stable ! Offer to clean stalls ! Ask a lot of questions... But be mindful... Of there time if there working or training horses ) just hanging on a rail... And listening ! Is good...

I’ve loved horses since I was two or three years old. Unfortunately, so far I’ve only had the opportunity to ride twice in my life. I hope it won’t be too long before that changes though, especially as our little farm grows and we get into larger livestock.

My future goal is to be a horse trainer. For now while I can’t ride, I have to satisfy myself by watching videos, especially horse training ones. By far my favorite trainer I’ve encountered so far is Warwick Schiller. Have any of you ever heard of him? He has a lot of great videos for free on his YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/WarwickSchiller/videos

I like how clear everything he says and does is, both to viewers and to the horses. They respond quickly, because they understand him. I like his philosophy, too—fixing the root of the problem, rather than the symptom. He explains the basic principles of horse training very well, too.

What are your favorite horse quotes? Some of mine are

“Whoever said a horse was dumb, was dumb.”

“My horse are my friends, not my slaves.” - Buck Brannaman

Horse training: “It’s never, ever the horses fault.” - Charles Wilhelm I think?

I’ve loved horses since I was two or three years old. Unfortunately, so far I’ve only had the opportunity to ride twice in my life. I hope it won’t be too long before that changes though, especially as our little farm grows and we get into larger livestock.

My future goal is to be a horse trainer. For now while I can’t ride, I have to satisfy myself by watching videos, especially horse training ones. By far my favorite trainer I’ve encountered so far is Warwick Schiller. Have any of you ever heard of him? He has a lot of great videos for free on his YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/WarwickSchiller/videos

I like how clear everything he says and does is, both to viewers and to the horses. They respond quickly, because they understand him. I like his philosophy, too—fixing the root of the problem, rather than the symptom. He explains the basic principles of horse training very well, too.

Pryor and propper preparation
Pervents
Pea pore performance !

Plastic bags
DO EAT HORSES !

I've been riding since I was 2 ... I drive carts with my horses
I ride western and English .
But nothing beats bare back! We're you can feel... The move ment me your horse !!

I love working COWS ! and my colt... Loves the cows !

Well... If your truly obsessed... a good place to start... Is a local stable ! Offer to clean stalls ! Ask a lot of questions... But be mindful... Of there time if there working or training horses ) just hanging on a rail... And listening ! Is good...
Actually I was thinking about that. I have to talk to my parents about it.

Yep:) One of my horsey friends has one, he's like 22 years old but is still energetic (in a good way) and willing to work! They can pretty much go all day too, from what the breed's known for.
Arabia Horses have LARGE Hart's ! And lungs ! There for yes ! They can go all day ! :) They are amazing horses ! With a verity... Of temperament yes they are considered to be a hot blooded hore... ( That dose not !!! Nessarly meen hard to handle ! ) it depends on there training... And the riders ability !

:weeHorse People!! :wee

I had always wanted horses .. took putting my kid in lessons to final realize the dream. Now, DD and I have had our two mares for about 6 years. It's been great bonding getting out and trail riding and going to local gymkhana shows. So yeah, we ride western. Well, I ride western. The kid rides everywhere bareback. It will be two years ago in June that we bought our own property and moved them home. I thought I'd ride every day, but it's about 4x a week.

About the girls: my bay, Izzy, is a 16 yo Appendix. At least that's what I was told, but she looks like she has some Standardbred in her to me .. I'll post some pics, and you all can tell me what you think? However .. that horse is high-strung and loves to run.
DD's horse, Rena, is a 25 yo QH. She's been on Pentosan injections since October for arthritis (I do make DD do them every month .. her horse and all). Since the meds kicked in the old gal has been spunky and full of herself. So glad she's feeling better.

I too research advice on COTH whenever a problem crops up.
COTH ?

Back
Top Bottom