➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

THIS FIRST POST WILL BE UPDATED WITH LINKS TO CERTAIN POSTS.
. He is HERE!!!! We hatched a baluttie!

Monday July 9th shell peckers:
morning#9346

evening

BALUT ROUND #2 Started June 29, 2018! :celebrate
Starts here:#7934 and #7957

My day one video:
Day 2 video (July 1st)
Day 5 is July 4th.
Day 10 July 8th FIRST INTERNAL PIP! WOOT!

First external pip
SECOND EXTERNAL PIP

Unplugged bator on Friday's eggs April 13th, 2018
Friday's eggs are in bator!
FRIDAY's egg hunt starts here
Thursday April 12th

April 5th Thursday 3 Balut Duck eggs
Starts here:

March 31—Starts here:

March 30—CHICKEN BALUT EGGS ARE HERE!

March 29—First plan
WARNING!
Eggtopsy starts here:

March 28—PART 1.5 :eek:
March 27—Day 5 starts here:
March 26—Day 4 starts here:

Yes...accidentally. I went to buy duck eggs yesterday morning to participate in this experiment:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ferent-fowl-participation-encouraged.1228813/

I brought the eggs home and stuck them in the fridge. I am not a fan of leaving eggs on the counter.

Fast forward to the time to start the taste test experiment.
Just before I cracked the egg into the pan I decided to candle it. My mouth dropped and I almost died...right there in the kitchen.
I immediately freaked out. All that would come out of my mouth was "Oh my God!"

I made a few calls and talked with some friends and quickly decided that I would try to hatch them!

Yes...Kiki the person who swears she will never hatch is trying to hatch 2 Balut duck eggs!

MY day one:
View attachment 1309501

Turned into this:
Please note that I can easily run to the store and buy a real bator (and I may end up going that route) but for now I wanted to just grab what I could around the house and turn these eggs into a different experiment.

1. Styrofoam chest thingy
2. A clipie lamp
3. Balut eggs

View attachment 1309504 View attachment 1309505
Please you are misusing the word balut. Balut refers to a cooked duck egg usually 16 to 18 days of incubation. Another word "Pinoy" refers to a cooked duck egg incubated for 11 days. So please use a different word like "a fertilized duck egg". Because no way in hell will you hatch a duck egg called balut because it's a cooked duck egg.

I think that is standard. When they are good, they are mine. When they are bad, they are all yours.

When one would pick on the other intentionally, Crazy Lady made the offender the other's slave for an hour. Had to do anything the other wanted. Usually chores, but sometimes played a game. Acting silly usually resulted and feelings were repaired.
Oh DH is actualy blaming himself for the actions of Thing 1.

Please you are misusing the word balut. Balut refers to a cooked duck egg usually 16 to 18 days of incubation. Another word "Pinoy" refers to a cooked duck egg incubated for 11 days. So please use a different word like "a fertilized duck egg". Because no way in hell will you hatch a duck egg called balut because it's a cooked duck egg.
She bought an eggs called a "balut eggs" from a store. The embryos were still alive. She hatched at least one (maybe two if I remember right)....:confused: She's just going off the label from the store.

What I bought was labeled as a balut egg so that is what I will continue to call it.

She bought an eggs called a "balut eggs" from a store. The embryos were still alive. She hatched at least one (maybe two if I remember right)....:confused: She's just going off the label from the store.

balut
/baˈlät/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. a fertilized duck egg boiled and eaten in the shell while still warm, served as a delicacy in parts of Southeast Asia.
    "he is putting balut on his menu"
  2. What I bought was labeled as a balut egg so that is what I will continue to call it.
    balut
    /baˈlät/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    1. a fertilized duck egg boiled and eaten in the shell while still warm, served as a delicacy in parts of Southeast Asia.
    2. What I bought was labeled as a balut egg so that is what I will continue to call it.
      3. balut
      3. /baˈlät/
      3. Learn to pronounce
      3. noun
      3. a fertilized duck egg boiled and eaten in the shell while still warm, served as a delicacy in parts of Southeast Asia.

3. balut
3. /baˈlät/
3. Learn to pronounce
3. noun
3. a fertilized duck egg boiled and eaten in the shell while still warm, served as a delicacy in parts of Southeast Asia.

3. balut
3. /baˈlät/
3. Learn to pronounce
3. noun
I guess different countries call it different
Like it's a flashlight in the US and a torch in the UK.

balut
/baˈlät/
Learn to pronounce
noun

2. balut
    /baˈlät/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun

2. 3. balut
      3. /baˈlät/
      3. Learn to pronounce
      3. noun
🙄
Screenshot_20200519-085406.png

🤣okay it's a Vietnamese store, so I'll agree with your terminology but you know I believe they are violating USDA regulations selling uncook fertilize duck egg. But then again it's an asian store (love visiting them). I'm glad you hatch them it's really exciting, I never get tired of hatching duck eggs. Hatching Turkey eggs 🦃right now next week back to duck eggs and making Balut and pinoy eggs.

Back
Top Bottom