⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

20 inches?! Wow! The most snow I’ve ever seen was 4 or 5 inches!
we get snow like that occasionally......seemed more common when I was a kid. and it’s been known to happen as late as end of March, early april and in much shorter time frame.

The last half of this week have been stressful....
Hubby got his 2nd Covid shot on Thursday in his right shoulder. I got mine on Friday In my left shoulder. He didn’t react to the shot. But my shoulder swelled up.

We have been helping a neighbor who is recovering from shoulder surgery by feeding his cows and putting out hay for them. One of his cows birthed her calf this morning in 8 degree weather. She was not cooperative as we moved her to the barn with her calf but she settled down when she got some alfalfa.

The hubby slipped on the ice Friday stepping off the back porch. He landed on the shoulder where he got his shot...swelled up like a toad! He is better today.

We have spent the past several mornings prepping our pastures for the winter storm tomorrow by putting out extra hay. Our hay is net wrapped and with the past two days of freezing mist and snow flurries, removing the nets was a pain in the bumm. This morning hubby is in the tractor lifting and lowering the hay bales as I’m cutting the nets and pulling the nets from the bales of hay. Frozen cow piles are like big rocks. I stumbled over one, lost my balance and went down hard on my right shoulder. Now the swelling in both my shoulders looks the same. Tylenol and ice are my old friends.
Ouch! Sounds painful! :hugs

I lied a little. I don’t like Weimaraner’s, but the last time I said that in public the Weimaraner Police nearly had me drawn & quartered.
:oops:
I don’t particularly either BUT I think a lot of the Weims out there are crazy 😂🤣 my friend has an amazing one and I do like her! Well trained and not psycho 😂 so maybe it depends. I think a lot of people don’t exercise them enough either whereas he’s always hiking etc. so that may be some of it too.

I’m surprised by how many people like them. My great grandmother had some, but that was before my time.

My experience with them was in a boarding kennel I used to work at. We had a few come through there, a couple of them regularly. Let’s just say they always seemed to have nervous stomachs & they never boarded well.

The smell of the diarrhea & their ability to smear it up the walls & over every surface of themselves & their kennels is stuff legends are made of.

Hey Elk, any chance your bother ever boarded his dogs in San Diego county? 😜
That sounds awful!! I can see why you wouldn’t like them after that :lau but that said, a lot of dogs don’t board well or don’t do well separated from their owners but are great otherwise. ❤️ Like a lot of GSDs are huge whiners 😂

20210214_094712.jpg

Caught an eastern fence lizard.

Back
Top Bottom