⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

I'll admit, the thought of venison has crossed my mind, but I don't see myself trying to take a deer where a miss would mean hitting another house, a car, or other personal property, including my own.

There are four bucks who visit me every day. Who would miss one? ;)
Blow gun.

I actually have a blow gun. It's surprisingly accurate up to about 20'. I don't think I'd want to eat meat that had been poisoned, though...
If it's good enough for the aborigines it ought to be good enough for you.

The key is in what poison you use.

Curare - "It is harmless if taken orally because curare compounds are too large and highly charged to pass through the lining of the digestive tract to be absorbed into the blood. For this reason, people can safely eat curare-poisoned prey, and it has no effect on its flavor."

I actually have a blow gun. It's surprisingly accurate up to about 20'. I don't think I'd want to eat meat that had been poisoned, though...
Some tribes use a poison that is denatured by cooking. It'll be safe when properly cooked. When chloral hydrate was legal for hunting, it broke down quickly and worked quite well, from what I heard.

There are many options available. Bows, subsonic rifles, airguns...

*Please follow all applicable laws and regulations. This is not legal advice nor intended to be encouragement for the humane taking of delicious meat. Your mileage may vary. Not applicable where illegal, immoral or easily caught. If anyone asks, I was never here.

20230927_141728.jpg
20230927_141740.jpg
20230927_141819.jpg
20230927_141807.jpg

Someone's been busy.
20230927_142046.jpg
20230927_142048.jpg

I lost my small koi (6+in) and my fancy goldfish over over the weekend 😔 the boys didn't realize that my waterfall pump wasn't flowing and I found them dead when we were there Monday doing some maintenance 😭 my 2 big ones are doing well (they had the extra pump/filter) hoping they keep them alive until I can figure out getting them moved 🤞

Back
Top Bottom