10% Flubendazole water soluble power dosage

Ned1

Hatching
Sep 21, 2016
Oklahoma
Have followed and studies the BC site and forums for years, just joined and this is my 1st post - searched and could not find answer.

Chose to use 10% Flubendazole water soluble power for worming 45 hens 9mos-1.5 years old. Black Sexlinks and Isa Browns. Kept for eggs, not meat. Have 50 grams of it.

After tons of reading, I found 2 places it said to use 3cc/ml per gallon of water for 7 days - but - that was for liquid/paste 10%.

Before administering, wanted to check because BC has the answers I need to not have to bug my vet with DIY stuff.

I prefer to just add to water, but, can soak bread treats, feed or...?

Appreciate the assistance.

ivan3,
"Lurking" saves lives, so do proper dosages.
No brand name or official manufacturer of the drug. Bought it as a straight AI (active ingredient only) to make my own. Survivalists often also do this via buying an AI via fish drug dealers online.

ivan3,
"Lurking" saves lives, so do proper dosages.
No brand name or official manufacturer of the drug. Bought it as a straight AI (active ingredient only) to make my own. Survivalists often also do this via buying an AI via fish drug dealers online.

Apologies for any misunderstanding about the "lurking", the comment was merely a friendly "whistling" you "onboard" as a newly "registered" member.

Reason I asked about the info on the powder purchased has to do with unregulated manufacturers, Chinese primarily, and quality control issues resulting in irreproducible results. YMMV.

This is a 10% product with ALL the particulars.
http://www.neocell.gr/en/proionta/itemlist/tag/Poultry (a good little digital scale comes in handy - & old bathroom scale for averaging total wt. of hens). Please read the info on withholding water on day of treatment/pre-dilution (Flubendazole precipitates out, as it forms more of a temp. mixture, rather than solution, in water)/etc. If this med is NOT equivalent to what you have, please post.
http://www.thecalculatorsite.com/conversions/

Much more on Flubendazole use in poultry (chapter 2):
http://www.nutritech.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/Flubendazole_safety_in_breeders.pdf

If one is considering dosing prophylactically (rather than symptomatically), it can be much cheaper to simply perform fecal floats/smears every couple weeks so as to ID any emerging infestation and apply treatment.
http://www.fao.org/wairdocs/ilri/x5492e/x5492e05.htm

Thank you kindly. Wow, that is some serious math. This is straight 10% flubendazole water soluble powder for use on fish. I thought that I had the easy button. I previously read the Janssen article, but did not find the neocell webpage. Armed with a reloading scale and calculator, I hope to figure it out. Thank you.

Have followed and studies the BC site and forums for years, just joined and this is my 1st post - searched and could not find answer.

Chose to use 10% Flubendazole water soluble power for worming 45 hens 9mos-1.5 years old. Black Sexlinks and Isa Browns. Kept for eggs, not meat. Have 50 grams of it.

After tons of reading, I found 2 places it said to use 3cc/ml per gallon of water for 7 days - but - that was for liquid/paste 10%.

Before administering, wanted to check because BC has the answers I need to not have to bug my vet with DIY stuff.

I prefer to just add to water, but, can soak bread treats, feed or...?

Appreciate the assistance.
I'm a little confused...you say you have 50 grams, is that 50 grams of powder 10%? You will need a scale to figure out how much powder yo use.

The 3 cc/gallon of *fenbendazole* is worming misinformation and is very unlikely to treat and worms. Here is a prescription for *fenbendazole* from a vet:

The 3cc/gallon liquid/paste, was that for flubendazole or fenbendazole?

-Kathy

-Kathy

Last edited:
Thank you kindly. Wow, that is some serious math. This is straight 10% flubendazole water soluble powder for use on fish. I thought that I had the easy button. I previously read the Janssen article, but did not find the neocell webpage. Armed with a reloading scale and calculator, I hope to figure it out. Thank you.
So if it's 10% powder, that means that 1 gram of powder has 100 mg. One teaspoon of powder probably weighs 2.5 to 3.7 grams depending on how dense it is, so one teaspoon will have 2500 to 3700 mg. Make sense?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom