11 hens just stopped laying.

Chickadees037

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2022
So I have 11 hens that started laying around 3 maybe 4 months ago and they layed for a couple weeks and then completely stopped. I have checked for mite, lice, etc. I feed them layer pellets, Crack corn and Sunflower Seed. They always have access to fresh water and water with apple cider in it. What could be wrong with them? What can I do to help them?

So I have 11 hens that started laying around 3 maybe 4 months ago and they layed for a couple weeks and then completely stopped. I have checked for mite, lice, etc. I feed them layer pellets, Crack corn and Sunflower Seed. They always have access to fresh water and water with apple cider in it. What could be wrong with them? What can I do to help them?
Give them nothing but a good chicken ration and plain fresh water.
Do you free range?

I have a little bin of mealworms that I grow under the counter in the bathroom. They’re a high-protein treat and so far it seems like a cheap way to keep the girls happy. I’m just starting out though.

What can I give them that would be higher protein?
Look for feed that is in the 20 range protein also in their diet add in mealworms and walnuts chopped up mealworms are a protein and walnuts are the highest protein out of The Nut family I have been feeding this to my chickens I have never had any problems and my chickens continue laying eggs not sure if you're aware but right now there is a feed issue Cargill/parina/ tractor supply/ fleet farm feed is very questionable I recommend finding a feed mill questioning whether they have any affiliation to Cargill and asking about their protein levels of their feed otherwise start feeding your chickens a more natural diet greens berries nuts chickens were not always domesticated they were Wild once and they lived off the land keep that in mind 😉

Back
Top Bottom