12+ Black Minorca hatching eggs

Minniechickmama

Senora Pollo Loco
14 Years
Sep 4, 2009
Minnesota
For direct purchase, I am offering Black Minorca hatching eggs.
These are my best laying breed, have the best fertility and hatch rate of all my breeds.
They are a white layer, however, some of my girls don't know that and lay a blue tinted egg that fades to white after a bit of laying time.
These are a larger strain than hatchery stock and are nice looking birds, but I am still working them toward SQ. I have had 4-Hers in the past show them and do well.

Shipping is $15. They will be sent USPS Priority, mailed on Mondays unless there is a holiday, then they can ship Tuesday. I send only the freshest eggs I have to fill the order.
I cannot guarantee your hatch rate or condition of the eggs once they leave my hands and enter into the postal system. I do my best to wrap them securely, however, it is a risk to ship any eggs. I wrap each egg in bubble wrap, then pad around them so that their is little to no settling or shifting in the box.

Post in comments if you would like to purchase this lot.

If you are interested in future order dates, pm me with your date request.

Last edited:
hi i have a broody too. this is her first time. but just a qeustion ure not actually shipping those chicks in the mail are u wont they die.
anyway you seem to know about broody hens. mine's name is Olive she is is a Black Astralorp Hen. so olive sat on her eggs for 21 hours. then left them for 12. now she has been sitting onthem for like 3 or 4 days. do you think the eggs will still hatch!!!! please leave a reply thanks.

above is a pic of olive last year when she was a chick. she is so cute!!!!

That will be something you will have to wait and see. I think it is probable you will get something from her if she stays on now. Broody hens will even leave the nest to eat and drink during the incubation period, but that is alright for a few minutes. I even have the incubator open or eggs out to candle for 10-15 minutes sometimes.
Yes, I do ship chicks, but I have a minimum number depending what the weather it, usually 20-25. They survive just fine as long as they are only a day old at time of shipment and they reach their destination without delays. They go out Priority, and this is the same way as the big hatcheries ship chicks out and I use the same boxes. I do not ship outside the "lower 48" for chicks and I don't usually ship eggs outside that area.
If you want chicks and you don't want the hassle of incubating yourself, having a broody is the way to go. Aussies are a wonderful breed. I had them but had too many Black chickens and let them go.
Good luck with Olive and her eggs. I would suggest that you mark the eggs with a pencil or crayon though. Sometimes hens will add to their original clutch of eggs and then you have them at different stages. The hen might abandon the later eggs to take care of her chicks, so by marking and checking eggs every couple of days, you can keep track of what she has. At 10 days, you can use a small flashlight to candle the eggs and see if there is development.

What other breeds do you offer? I might be interested in the Minorcas in a couple weeks and wouldn't mind adding a few breeds to the order if possible?

What other breeds do you offer? I might be interested in the Minorcas in a couple weeks and wouldn't mind adding a few breeds to the order if possible?
Here is my other ad with a list of breeds I have this year. Are you looking for chicks or eggs? I am just starting to get chicks, and not all the girls are back to laying yet, so numbers are still down a bit. Within the next month I expect to see quite a few more though.
PM my your order and the soonest date you can receive it.
Thanks.
Theri

Hi, my name is Luis and I have a farm in Portugal
wondering if you could send me 24 black minorcas hatching eggs or 24 chicks if that would be possible.
Please contact me on [email protected]
Thank you
Luis Lourenco

Back
Top Bottom