Ended 15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along—Farthest Shipped Eggs!

casportpony

🦚🦆🦃🐔
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Jun 24, 2012
The Golden State
Winners announced here!
easter-farthest-shipped-eggs2.jpg

How far will your easter chicks travel even before they hatch? Shipped eggs come from far and wide, how far did your eggs travel just to be a part of the 15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along? Enter this contest by submitting the shipper's zip code and your zip code - we'll do the math to calculate how far they traveled.

It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread. All eggs shipped for the 15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along are eligible, but to be eligible for a prize, you must enter the hatch-along too.

Prizes - TBD

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.
Rules:
  1. Post your zip code and the egg shipper's zip code in this thread. If you aren't comfortable posting your zip code here in the forum, please send me a conversation instead, and be sure to include "Shipped Eggs Contest" in the conversation title.
  2. Open to all BYC members participating in the 15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along.
  3. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  4. The contest stops accepting entries on April 28th, 2024 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.

If you have not joined the fun in the 15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along thread, please drop by and say hello here!

The as the crow flies mileage was calculated using FreeMapTools
1715269926380.png

1715269873409.png

First Place - @Pyxis with 2453.7 miles
Sure! I'll message you with the zip codes :)

I used a quick tool to check because I was curious, and distance by land transport is almost 3000 miles :eek: As the crow flies is about 2500.

Second Place - @Slothinc with 1846.4 miles
So far this year I have ordered 5 batches of shipped eggs 🤯 Somebody stop me!!! I’ll message my zip codes. I don’t think I’ll be a contender for first place, but this is a fun contest!

Third Place - @mallory2013 with 614.5 miles
I'll play! But mine didn't travel too terribly far... lol. 45711 to 54703

Fourth Place - @RcoM with 459.7 miles
My chicken eggs travelled from QLD to NSW,
4411 to 2758
Hatch due in 21 days! 🤞🏻
It was a provoked broodiness too- before Winter starts!

@Pyxis, @Slothinc, @mallory2013, & @RcoM, I will send you instructions on how to claim your prizes in a bit!

thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated, this wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!! :bow :clap

Great job, everyone, this was so much fun!! :wee

And THANK YOU to our BYC Sponsors (click to view & support them)

How far will your easter chicks travel even before they hatch? Shipped eggs come from far and wide, how far did your eggs travel just to be a part of the 15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along? Enter this contest by submitting the shipper's zip code and your zip code - we'll do the math to calculate how far they traveled.

It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread. All eggs shipped for the 15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along are eligible, but to be eligible for a prize, you must enter the hatch-along too.

Prizes - TBD

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.
Rules:
  1. Post your zip code and the egg shipper's zip code in this thread. If you aren't comfortable posting your zip code here in the forum, please send me a conversation instead, and be sure to include "Shipped Eggs Contest" in the conversation title.
  2. Open to all BYC members participating in the 15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along.
  3. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  4. The contest stops accepting entries on TBD, 2024 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.

If you have not joined the fun in the 15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along thread, please drop by and say hello here!
Depending on what I get from the current shipped eggs, hatching today and tomorrow, I may resort to shipping in some. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom