15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Pics
My first batch to ever hatch of 41 ducklings on the 7th of March
KIMG0190_01_BURST1000190_COVER.JPG

Then there is my 2 goslings that hatched on the 19th of March
KIMG0272_02_BURST10002722.jpg

Now I got 80 more ducklings due for the 1st of April
KIMG012331.jpg

The recessive lavender millie fleur will feather out like regular millie fleur, but when bred back to my porcelain roo will produce prcelain chicks. that would be pretty though.. A lavender millie fleur...
Could u share a pic of your baby?
Lavender Mille: One can but dream! :D Photo: Sure, here is the little Pipsqueak:

Attachments

• small IMG_1612.JPG
    small IMG_1612.JPG
    462.8 KB · Views: 6
Locked down my official hatch today, since there are bantam eggs. Did the last candle and they are still going strong. I hope they make it so that my Sicilian Buttercup (from feed store) will have buddies about her age. I got two buttercups, but there was an unforseen tragedy, and lost one. :(

Crossing my fingers that she will be adopted by the Broody that just started being broody last week (this one is the momma/or aunt of the first broody, runs in the family). Always a bit iffy getting a chick older than three days to adopt a momma. I'll be watching all day to be sure!

Is this the Cream Legbars you are talking about? I love their jaunty topknot crest - so cute. They are on my short list for chicks this year.

https://www.chickdays.ca/product/3562609
Yes! They are so adorable! Such a cute breed. And their eggs are beautiful.
I absolutely adore crests. :D
And feathered feet too. If only they had feathered feet.... 🤔
Looks like I've got a breeding project to do. :D

The last chick finished hatching yesterday, so now I'm done with this batch. In total 36 chicks hatched. 4 out of 45 of the eggs were clears and then there were a few duds. All in all, I'd say it was a decent hatch. The incubator was at 102 degrees for the first three days (due to the 2 thermometers in the incubator both telling the wrong temperature:rolleyes:), and the power went out about when they were about halfway through, making the incubator temperature drop down to 70 degrees. And about a week in it got really hot during the day and really cold at night, which affected the incubator temperature.
I'm really glad that I at least got this amount of chicks.
For all that happened, it is actually a pretty good hatch. I'm pleased. :)
I'll share some pictures later!

I've been thinking about chicks too much. Yes, there is such a thing, when your naptime dream is invaded with chicks hatching at the speed of corn popping, being fluffed out and halfway grown already within minutes, running amok everywhere, getting into everything, to the point of someone plastering one into the ceiling!

And that's just a scaled down synopsis. I didn't touch on the almost-drowning, the one chick bloated up like a balloon and being fed antihistamine-laced apple sauce, cats getting into the brooder, and baby bearded dragons.

No, I'm not on 'anything'! But now wish i was after *that* dream! :lau

Come on, eggs! Hatch so I can get back to sorta-normal!

Back
Top Bottom