15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

I'd love to try to join in on this! Just started a batch on Wednesday! Not exactly gonna be easter, but it'll be close enough I think! I've got 12 eggs of mainly White Leghorns with a handful of Brown Leghorns šŸ¤ž
Great! We will be sending you a conversation.

Oh my goodness, he sounds adorable! šŸ˜ Do you happen to have any pictures of him?
I donā€™t want to fill this thread with photos of him so Iā€™ll only send one! He is no longer apart of my flock, but I have his daughters and the hen they came from. He was far too flighty of a rooster and his sons followed too closely in his footsteps to keep either unfortunately! They looked identical to him once they started feathering out fully too just nicer lacing on the chest
IMG_3819.jpeg

Ah, that's a shame, he was adorable! But, definitely understand not wanting to keep a bird whose temperament was an issue in your flock.

I have Dorking hens and OEGB roosters, so it's a cross I've been very tempted to try out myself. I love my Dorks and the OEGBs are so tiny and cute, but I wasn't sure if the combination would be completely adorable or some sort of strange-looking amalgamation of both breeds šŸ¤£

These will be my count 15. All are my chickens eggs but the 2 bcm eggs.
20240308_215108.jpg
The rooster for all but the 2 bcm eggs is an isbar. Top left...2 isbar eggs. To the top far right are 2 frizzle EE eggs. Middle left 2 BO eggs. 1 big Australorp egg. EE eggs, (gray ones may be frizzle. then the Last brown one is a welsummer egg.

Last edited:
Im not going to hatch any goose eggs but if I did want to it would be impossible to set them by 3/2 since my goose and many others in upper hemisphere do not even start laying until early March (I just got my first 2024 goose egg March 7 this year. Last year it was March 3. ) So Im just wondering did anyone here set goose eggs by March 2? (my geese (Pilgrims) only lay in spring. not summer fall or winter) will we have any sweet beautiful goslings for easter? šŸ£ šŸ£ šŸ£ šŸ£ šŸ£ šŸ£ šŸ£ šŸ£ šŸ£ šŸ£

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom