15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Pics
That's awesome!!!! If your ever looking for bantam cochin or bym hatching eggs just holler!
Good luck on your Easter hatch!!!
I have EE’s, RIR and a barred rock rooster. And I too have lots of hatching eggs. I am hatching Orpington eggs that I bought at the Maud Auction. Lavender and Buff. I want to incorporate some lavender with my barred rock. I accidentally got a blue barred pullet in last years hatch and I love that color.
IMG_3235.jpeg

The Brensea 56EX is a pretty great incubator (when you have all the parts :,) ) In my experience, the lid is just a little irritating putting back on when you gotta line everything up just right. Lol, especially lining the egg Turner with the turning link. But, honestly, 100% worth it to me. It's a great incubator
Yeah, I was thinking it was probably just that the lids get to be a bit unwieldy on the larger models of Brinseas. That and the humidity pump sometimes getting a bit overzealous about pumping in water are the only common complaints I've seen about them. I have the 28 Eco and it's a solid machine. Mine ran for months last year without issue because I staggered hatches and used it as a turner, moving eggs to my Octagon to hatch.
I love the incubator just not the top. Trying to get the gear to line up with the turning arm can be a pita alot of the time.
Thank you all for your information and experiences on this incubator and the other 28 egg style! I appreciate any information I can gather on them before I make my purchase later this year hopefully :fl

It’s the Ovation 28 EX incubator I’ll be trialling! I got the manual today online since I can’t get the incubator until tomorrow due to the weather … was not expecting snow to happen again but I probably should have assumed it was bound to come once more at least :th

I did set one of the incubators today finally though after some struggles with getting everything to proper levels .. dropped a blue egg I had for this set but thankfully they’ve been my most productive layers this season so far :oops:

Since some troubles with one of the incubators not working properly, I’ve decided not to use it and instead trial a different style as I did use the one I’m replacing last year for my first hatch. This one is a styrofoam incubator, the owner of it says it’s been amazing for her and hasn’t let her down.

One of my BCMs has started laying again after a molt so I may be able to sneak in a few of her eggs alongside her sisters, as I know the Ameraucana rooster has been trying with them recently :clap

Hoping for some fun Easter chicks I can call Easter Eggers from this first batch of all blue eggs in the first incubator and the BCM eggs:wee

Back
Top Bottom